Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champions leage final who do you want to win?

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
But he's not playing, & hopefully won't be allowed near the trophy if they win.

Unfortunately Europe's governing body have allowed him to collect the trophy and pick up a wins medal should they win.

Bayern for me, I just can't justify supporting Chelsea just because they play in England, and there is the intense dislike I have for Chelsea.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I would rather Arsenal won the double for the next 10 years than Chelsea win the Champions league, horrible club racist fans, racist captain.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'm neutral on this... I hope whichever side play the best football wins on the night! It won't go on to affect my life whatsoever, so there's my opinion FWIW!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I hate Chelsea and am abivalent towards Bayern, so Bayern for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Same as. I think it must be "cool" or "trendy" in some weird way to not want the team representing the English League to win or something :shrug:

The only 'connection' I have with Chelsea is that their ground happens to be in the same country that my mother was in 9 months after I was conceived.

Sorry, but that alone is not enough for me to want them to win anything.

I'd rather judge clubs on my perception of their individual merits (or lack thereof) rather than any geographical concerns. :thumbsup:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Have a look at the football history books. Before the premier league, loads more British players (something I prefer, I'm not a racist I hasten too add). English clubs were really the best in Europe in the 70's and 80's. Don't believe the hype about the premier league being the best ever. We can't compare current English clubs to those of the past, we used too win so much more. And money. Appalling costs spiraling players wages, enormous increase in ticket prices etc. tons of foreign owners who are there to make a buck. Have a look at man utd ownership and the transactions involved to buy the club, they stink. Clubs like Pompey as much as I dislike them become so desperate for the covered premier status that they take huge financial risks. Parachute payments are inherently unfair for the other teams in the league. There are some premier league chairmen who want to make it a closed shop and stop relegation altogether.

That enough?

Bayern are exactly the same. Pay very high wages and have players who aren't from their country.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
Gullzone

I'm not bothered either way but I think Bayern will win because i cant believe the luck Chelski have had can continue much further. However, credit to DeMateo he has found a very defensive formula which relies on the cheating barsteward Drogba to score on the break !!!!

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Bayern are exactly the same. Pay very high wages and have players who aren't from their country.

Bayern dont have many German players in their team .... Neuer, Contento, Boatang, Lahm, Schweinstieger, Kroos, Muller, Gomez, Butt, Petersen, Badstuber etc.....

And their managers German too

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bayern dont have many German players in their team .... Neuer, Contento, Boatang, Lahm, Schweinstieger, Kroos, Muller, Gomez, Butt, Petersen, Badstuber etc.....

And their managers German too

I didn't say that. I said they had players who aren't from their country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unfortunately Europe's governing body have allowed him to collect the trophy and pick up a wins medal should they win.

If Terry has any self-awareness then he will not collect the trophy. Chelsea got to the final despite him and not because of him. And he isn't playing in the final. Sadly we know that Terry's lack of self-awareness knows no bounds.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Bayern, I don't see the 'support the club that happens to be based in the country you live in' argument at all. Although it might be amusing to see if, once Roman gets the big prize he desires, he then loses interest and pulls out of the club :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't say that. I said they had players who aren't from their country.

It's only two though isn't it? It's fair to say Bayern are predominately German whereas Chelsea are not predominately English.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As more or less a complete neutral, I wore a Barca shirt to my local to watch the final last year vs Man United. I still to this day have people telling me how "out of order" I was given an English team was playing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Come on Chelsea...great effort today.

For today and the next few weeks I am a Chelsea fan

.......glory hunter plastic fan? Moi? Toofuckingrighta

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's only two though isn't it? It's fair to say Bayern are predominately German whereas Chelsea are not predominately English.

7-8 are German, fair enough. But my point still stands imo. They still get paid ridiculously high wages, and if we (Britain) produced as much young talent as they seem to then I have no doubt we'd play them.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I will always support any club that represents England in Europe-with the exception on Crystal Palace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here