Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Census 2011 - Religion

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
On creationsim, of course evolution should be taught in science and creationism should be taught in RE. Evolution in scientific theory and creationism is religious theory. Really can't see why that has to be such a hot topic - both are just theories after all, not like any of us was there to see it all happen!

To be blunt, that's not true - you can see evolution in practice right now. Look how antibiotics are becoming more and more redundant against bacteria growing resistant - that's evolution in practice, in the space of our lifetimes. For the longer term explanation of how we evolved - again, anyone willing to look can "see" that happening through the evidence left behind (for example the fossil record). Evolution is a "theory" in the sense of the true scientific definition.

As to it being a hot topic - that's because creationism is taught as science in many faith schools. C4 did a documentary (last year?) into some faith schools, and the "science" teachers didn't even understand evolution, let alone teach it properly...

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
completed mine on-line only took about 15 minutes.. as for the religion question, sorry i wont be joining the campaign... in today's climate ive more on my mind than whether the government view me as a believer..

Dandyman

In London village.
completed mine on-line only took about 15 minutes.. as for the religion question, sorry i wont be joining the campaign... in today's climate ive more on my mind than whether the government view me as a believer..

Depends what you want or don't want them to spend your money on or who you are willing to allow to influence public policy. If you don't want priests, Imams, Rabbis, etc telling you what to do then put "no religion" if you do want them to have that influence then put a religion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here