Tea room, The Office, Slough
This looks AMAZING
bananas.jpg

Reminds me of Oldam away at the start of the play off season Great day

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
What the hell is going on with some supporters throwing celery in the stands at the withdean!!! Makes the supporters look like pikeys!!! I will be annoyed if it happens in the new stadium!!!!!!!

It's quite simple, you start off with fresh fruit and work your way up to salad vegetables, don't they teach youngsters anything at school these days.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Cell-er-eee, Cell-er-ee, we're the famous Brighton and Hove Albion and we're throwing Cell-er-ee!

Spot on Horsham - North Stand - c. 1987?

Well I was hit by some celery being thrown to that song 2 years ago (it was closely followed by a blow up seagull which actually hurt!) so obviously it's been used much more recently than that!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Well I was hit by some celery being thrown to that song 2 years ago (it was closely followed by a blow up seagull which actually hurt!) so obviously it's been used much more recently than that!

Not saying it hasn't been used more recently - just saying that that was the first time I could remember it being sung.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Last game at 'the' Withdean last season, kiddie behind me in H Block had a huge bag of the stuff. Asked him how he'd managed to get it past the stewards and he said he'd just told them it was for his personal use :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I recall seeing it on the late 80's on the East Terrace

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I read about this in a football fan book detailing various footie traditions. It had the Brighton celery song. 'If she don't come I'll tickle her bum with a stick of celery... Celery, Celery!'... so it went. But I never heard this at the Goldstone when I went as a youngster in the last few seasons of its life. Is it really that surprising younger fans don't know it? I wouldn't have had a clue had I not read about it and I'm 27. In conclusion, if you know about it and criticise someone as a noob for being confused, you are miserable old git.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I believe it's a play on the word salary, which was used in a chant against fans from less affluent regions than Sussex (such as....let me think now......ahh yes, Chesterfield!) during the recession of the early 1980s.

Ah ha. Much appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here