Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

celebrity big brother

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Thats fair enough. I know alot of the other players were quite vocal.

PS I was just being tongue in cheek when I called him a squatter as most people in Wrexham were really chuffed about the crusaders coming to town and genuinely thought it would help. However, it turned out that we were propping up the rugby league club to an extent that we lost the ground and the training ground.

Note that not one fan blames Crusaders but blames our supposed custodians

I used to go to the Brewery field with gav to watch the crusaders play, I am still involed with the Brewery Field now, also where I live now 2 of the old crusaders (1 aussie and 1 NZ) used to live in the same apartment block that I live in now so i did have a lot of contact witht the crusaders a couple of years ago

Ci Sgoti

Feb 22, 2011
I used to go to the Brewery field with gav to watch the crusaders play, I am still involed with the Brewery Field now, also where I live now 2 of the old crusaders (1 aussie and 1 NZ) used to live in the same apartment block that I live in now so i did have a lot of contact witht the crusaders a couple of years ago

I wasn't questioning what you said in respect to whether you know the guys. I took your word but was wondering how badly they felt let down.

For me Crusaders could have (and was) been a huge success had it not been for Moss and Roberts

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I wasn't questioning what you said in respect to whether you know the guys. I took your word but was wondering how badly they felt let down.

For me Crusaders could have (and was) been a huge success had it not been for Moss and Roberts

I didn't think for one minute you wer questioning anything, i was just explaining how I was sort of involved with the crusaders for a while whilst they were in Bridgend, and more to the point, why? had it not been for the people i knew i probably would not have bothered as football is my game not rugby, it is the football that i am still attached to now.

Ci Sgoti

Feb 22, 2011
I didn't think for one minute you wer questioning anything, i was just explaining how I was sort of involved with the crusaders for a while whilst they were in Bridgend, and more to the point, why? had it not been for the people i knew i probably would not have bothered as football is my game not rugby, it is the football that i am still attached to now.

The crusaders thing in Wrexham could have and should have been a huge success. If anything the atmosphere at their matches was the most family friendly thing I've been to. But the then Wrexham owners messed it up big style. It's a shame really cos the fans would have made it a success. Instead our ground was put up as a guarantee against a loan to the Rugby League for 750000 pounds and the rest as they say is history.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
The crusaders thing in Wrexham could have and should have been a huge success. If anything the atmosphere at their matches was the most family friendly thing I've been to. But the then Wrexham owners messed it up big style. It's a shame really cos the fans would have made it a success. Instead our ground was put up as a guarantee against a loan to the Rugby League for 750000 pounds and the rest as they say is history.

Everyone down here was gutted when it all got moved to Wrexham, only thing was the Brewery Field was just not up to that standard, the facilities are good but just nowhere near good enough, the whole thing was always a money thing, all wrong if you ask me.

Ci Sgoti

Feb 22, 2011
Everyone down here was gutted when it all got moved to Wrexham, only thing was the Brewery Field was just not up to that standard, the facilities are good but just nowhere near good enough, the whole thing was always a money thing, all wrong if you ask me.

The whole episode was a disgrace to

1. the RL fans
2. The Wxm FC fans
3. the communities

Unfortunately there was a lot of infighting within the local community all caused by the incompetence of supposedly experienced business men.

And boy were they experienced in protecting their £8 Million pound flats. I can't believe they got away with it with no back lash in the press.

Actually I'm not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here