Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities you've met: Best and Worst?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Best: Frank Skinner - just quite affable and willing to chat
Worst: Chris Barrie - weedled his way into our drinking group, and when it was my round I bought him a beer only to find out he'd tried to get my girlfriend's number while I was at the bar. Prick.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Agree with John "cu*t" terry... other than harassing my gf... ive seen him at several clubs around SW London. He was at one club and was telling people he doesnt do autographs and yet he was signing girls chests... really is pure scum... id love to smash him up.
Surely you had the chance to at the several clubs you've seen him at around sw london ?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Doesn't it often seem to follow that the lesser the "celebrity", the greater their sense of self importance? I once met a Sussex resident and seemingly self-appointed media mouthpiece, who apparently was on TV back in the 1980s. Being a child in the early 1980s, and certainly not a fan of the type of programme he was on, I didn't actually know who he was. He repeatedly dropped his name into the conversation as if trying to jog my memory- I felt like telling him you can't jog a memory you don't actually have. I had to google him when I got home just to work it out. I'm confident that even now he can safely walk the streets of Brighton without getting stopped for autographs, and I bet that troubles him immensely.

Sounds a bit like Simon Fanshawe... ???

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Best Gary Lineker and Noel Gallagher (yes - this one absolutely shocked me!).
Worst - John Virgo - (ex snooker and Big Break!)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Best - Eddie Izzard and Ice T
Worst - Geoff Hurst and Chris Tarrant

firemandan

Oct 7, 2010
worst=gary kelly ex leeds full back..... c**t...i'm getting angry thinking about him.
best= fred west...he was chuffed with the plastering i did on his walls.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
Best - Paul Gascoigne meet him at the Open golf at sandwich 2003 in one of his dry periods a gentleman
Worst - Steve Bruce meet him in spain on holiday, arrogant c**t

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Best Cliff Richard when he was very friendly with Sue Barker both were very charming.
The worst if you can class them as celebrities was Bernadette Devlin as she was and her friend Tariq Ali both complete a....holes

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
John McCririck - Stood by me and telling two pensioners at the Epsom Derby to f*ck off and leave him alone (they were after a photo or a signature or something). A right 'star', if you get my drift.

Agree about McCririck - he's an obnoxious bastard. He was at Fontwell the other year to help launch their book and was signing copies of the Fontwell book. After the singing session he was walking around the paddock and a small girl, probably only about 8 years old, very politely asked him to sign her racecard and he refused saying he would only give her an autograph if she bought the book.

I've also seen him around Plumpton working for ATR and he won't talk to any of the punters. The Channel4 racing team must do a great make up job on him for the morning line as he looks very ill.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Best: Barry Cryer, absolutely charming bloke with an endless supply of jokes. Surprisingly, Jonathan Ross is a really nice bloke too (well, it surprised me). In truth, most celebs I've met have been perfectly pleasant.

Worst: Jim Bowen, racist wanker; Ruby Wax, right up herself; Henry Blofeld, lecherous sod and, as previously mentioned, John McCririck, total arse.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Best - Michael Johnson the sprinter
Worst - As much as it pains me to say it Des Lynam, completely up his own arse

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Best - Shane Warne. Top bloke. But don't let him anywhere near your girlfriend! Also good Danny Baker and David Mitchell.

Worst - Garth Crooks and Colin Montgomerie. Monty told two 10 year old to "fcuk off" when they politely asked for his autograph. Surely just saying sorry I haven't got time would be just as easy?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Best - has to be Joe Strummer, met him in an empty tube carriage once in the mid 80's and he seemed genuinely interested in the local Southen band I was on my way to see - I've heard plenty of annecdotal evidence that this was how he was with evryone, top bloke.

Worst - local Perth "celebrity" Basil Zemplas (ex non-league AFL player and now news / sports presenter on tv). Total wanker, spent most of the evening trying to chat up my wife who also thought he was a twat.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Best - Michael Johnson the sprinter
Worst - As much as it pains me to say it Des Lynam, completely up his own arse

Just going to put Des as the worst,met him twice and both times i came away thinking he's a twat.
Met Phil Collins and he was a great bloke.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Best: Johnny Marr, funny, humble and very unassuming

Worst: Jeremy Clarkson, miserable fucker, and Jack Straw, who apparently has a cock the size of Jeremy Beadle's thumb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here