Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cats and what they leave behind

Some kind kitty has just started using a couple of areas outside our front door as it's own personal loo. I have cleared it up and sprayed with some stuff from the local garden centre but for all the good this did I may as well have put a sign up (in cat language) saying "Cats please crap here" with a bowl of premium kittymunch alongside.

Any thoughts, sensible mainly but I can live with some daft ones, as to a remedy. Do the electronic sonic deterrents work or do you know of a Honey Badger rental scheme that I could use.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Stand there all day and have a hosepipe at the ready.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Apparently lion poo is quite affective

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
You could try asking Easy to come round, he's good at punching cats.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
hw97_k_k.jpg

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Do the electronic sonic deterrents work

They do, but are only really effective on a flat lawn. I have found that a combination of these and 'Get Off' crystals (smells like washing up liquid) do work though.

You'll probably find that the cat just starts shitting somewhere you haven't covered though :thumbsup:

P.S. invest in a super-soaker for those moments when the little bugger is caught in the act.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Try leaving a bowl of milk laced with brake fluid outside your door........it will sort your difficulty out for good. The good news with this solution is that the problem does not get moved somewhere else. Win-win.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
ROAR dehydrated lions shit
and may I remind you again it is an offence to deliberately harm any animal especially a pet
if you have cat shit in your garden or 6ft high on your doorstep it is still an offence to harm said cat, the last person who shot a cat in these circumstances is still serving time
so be warned
there might just be someone who is more proactive than me reading this ..it is a public forum

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I just love reading these type of threads.............I always think it is these type that bring out the very best in NSC humour, post's 2,4 5,7 and 9 are some of my faves, 7 did actually make me LOL. :laugh:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
One of my neighbours has a cat which keeps climbing all over my car - the car is covered in little scratches now, especially on the boot where it seems to sleep and has even scratched the windscreen as it seems to use it as a slide. If I catch the flea ridden vermin it will soon find itself temporarily stunned and accidentally under my wheels when I drive off.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Some kind kitty has just started using a couple of areas outside our front door as it's own personal loo. I have cleared it up and sprayed with some stuff from the local garden centre but for all the good this did I may as well have put a sign up (in cat language) saying "Cats please crap here" with a bowl of premium kittymunch alongside.

Any thoughts, sensible mainly but I can live with some daft ones, as to a remedy. Do the electronic sonic deterrents work or do you know of a Honey Badger rental scheme that I could use.
Get yourself a cage trap catch the cat it is obviously Feral,then drown the f***ing thing in your local pond or river:lolol:

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Not being funny. He asked about a deterrent not a way to kill It. Some of the responses here make me think there Is something seriously wrong with some of you. Sickos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here