Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Catering

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Re Amex cards. Last season I'd get either 10% or 15% discount. Maybe the till I use.
Also got a half price new home shirt for buying my ST with Amex. Disappointed though when I went to the club shop during the week that the 10% is only valid match days so put a T-Shirt back on the shelf.
If you do have a card you have to show it when ordering, but you don't have to use it so if you've an old card get it out.
Yes - you have to specifically tell the person serving you that you want the discount.
No idea why it’s not automated

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes - you have to specifically tell the person serving you that you want the discount.
No idea why it’s not automated
Because, I guess, the card machine accepts the payment total from the till. When I forget they have to cancel the card machine directly and then put in the discount.
Also, once you've tapped, the card the machine just accepts the payment. Yes, it will know you've used Amex but there's no conection back to the till to deduct 10%.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It's surprising that they haven't used the space on the North of the walkway to the stadium, between the exit of the station/bridge over the tracks up to the main concourse, to put in some more food options. No idea if the club owns it or the council, but whoever it is they're missing out on some decent revenue renting out spots there. There have to be any number of vans that would love to park up there on matchdays and sell food.
Be a health and safety thing

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Because, I guess, the card machine accepts the payment total from the till. When I forget they have to cancel the card machine directly and then put in the discount.
Also, once you've tapped, the card the machine just accepts the payment. Yes, it will know you've used Amex but there's no conection back to the till to deduct 10%.
They could do it as a cash back like they do on all other merchant offers though.

I suspect it’s deliberate …

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Thanks Barry, do you happen to know if there’s a plan from the new members to maintain a presence on NSC?

I am sure they are. There's an update on The Official Fan Advisory Board thread - I haven't got the knowledge how to provide you a link. :rolleyes:

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Im not sure were the buns supposed to be toasted or was it dried out cardboard I was served up with my fat riddled burger? Probably the worst food ive ever had the misfortune of purchasing at a rip off price with the poorest tasteless quality. I shall sneak a sarnie in my back pocket if need be next match and yeah I do need to eat whilst some people say you come to watch football not eat at 1230 ko yeah like most people im hungry around then.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Can anyone confirm what catering options were outside please?

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Im not sure were the buns supposed to be toasted or was it dried out cardboard I was served up with my fat riddled burger? Probably the worst food ive ever had the misfortune of purchasing at a rip off price with the poorest tasteless quality. I shall sneak a sarnie in my back pocket if need be next match and yeah I do need to eat whilst some people say you come to watch football not eat at 1230 ko yeah like most people im hungry around then.
Is it actually buried in the small print somewhere that you can't bring in your own food?

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Is it actually buried in the small print somewhere that you can't bring in your own food?
I will have a snack before entering an eat afterwards I think as it really was the most disgusting burger Ive ever had and dont want a fake hotdog with some American every letter in alphabet sausage and definitely not a cardiac pie, unfortunately not much choice I have suggested jacket potatoes could easily be served on mass with cheese or tuna or beans etc but that seemed to go down like lead balloon

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You don't have to sneak in a sarnie as they don't care at the pat down at the turnstile. On Saturday going in WSU I kindly asked if he would mind not crushing the CoOp bought Prawn and Mayo that was in my pocket.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Call me a philistine but I had a double (well, one and a half) cheeseburger from the WSL tonight and it was bloody lovely.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
15% American Express discount worked a treat. Email said 10% but it applied 15%.
No queue about 10 mins before KO and pies were lovely and hot. Can’t fault it today.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Too late now. After one expensive home match, I took my own sweets, drinks and choc bar. Grand total £4-25.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
After the recent heated discussion on in-stadium catering I decided to have a change for the Crawley game and dine before the game outside. I had fish & chips followed by a flat white and chocolate muffin. All absolutely delicious. Quite piggish really but I’d not eaten since breakfast so what the hell. I’d happily repeat the meal in future but I guess the onset of colder wintry weather will reduce the pleasure of al fresco dining but I’ll keep looking for ways to avoid the pricey stadium junk. Taking a sandwich from home seems an obvious thing to try.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After the recent heated discussion on in-stadium catering I decided to have a change for the Crawley game and dine before the game outside. I had fish & chips followed by a flat white and chocolate muffin.
Did you apply for a second mortage before going to the match, or is it something you'll need to be doing in the morning?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here