Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering improved

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Just a side question, are you allowed to take your own food and drink in with you, not like a flask of soup but a bottle of coke, do they check at turnstiles, I need to drink lots of fluid and wondered if I have some left from the journey should I get rid of it before I enter the stadium.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
so bit by bit, starting with the one-match trial of noodles and now the likely removal of the only decent lager, Azure have stripped back the service offer to something that relies almost entirely on a third party pie company and a local ale producer. so what exactly do Azure bring to the table? because it's certainly not quality food or service.

take note [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION], the club was promising much more from the catering than this. and the fans know it.

One-match trial? They were on for about eight matches. They were deemed by many as quite good, but not seven-quid good - too expensive for what they were. They sold about 200 in total. I'm not surprised they took them off the menu. It appears you're moaning about something that's gone that wasn't popular. What did you think of them BTW?

I'm not sure of your point here. They're the caterers - not the pie-makers nor brewers.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Which bit of my post said the pies were shit? My point being the choice is pies only, because the other stuff on offer is crap. I know some say "why do you have to eat at football?" The answer being that my lad plays on a Saturday so it's a pie for lunch and I work so it's a pie for dinner on evening games. Gets a bit monotonous. I could bring my own stuff I suppose, but that doesn't help the clubs coffers much, especially if a few thousand others started doing the same thing. It's just a lazy approach to match day catering by the club IMHO. Seems a shame to spoil what is an excellent match day experience in every other way.

I never said that you said that the pies were shit.

Your response is a response to my response to Barrow Boy's response, not your original response.

I agree that - for what I tasted - the burgers and hotdogs didn't come up to snuff. In fact, they were awful. They say they've changed the sausage (ooer...), to a Frankfurter. I'd have to take their word for that, I've not had a hot dog since the early days.

One-match trial? They were on for about eight matches. They were deemed by many as quite good, but not seven-quid good - too expensive for what they were. They sold about 200 in total. I'm not surprised they took them off the menu. It appears you're moaning about something that's gone that wasn't popular. What did you think of them BTW?

I'm not sure of your point here. They're the caterers - not the pie-makers nor brewers.

The Noodles were OK, I tried them when I had a few extra quid in my pocket, they certainly were NOT worth £7.00 though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Azure, I'm told, were fed up with sustaining losses on pouring away so much unsold Kronie that they've pulled it.

Personally, I'd be prepared to pay a few extra schekels for a pint of Kozel in the concourses.

If anyone REALLY wants it back, I guess the thing to do is ask Elliott at Azure.

I don't believe Azure for one second about the Kronie. I'd withdeanwager its all spin and lies and is more about reducing the choice thereby allowing them to pour shit lager en masse thereby speeding up the queues. Its not so much about the loss of Kronie as the imposition of Fosters. I won't be drinking it. Like you, I'd be happy to pay a premium for a premium Czech lager. Oh well.

Yoda

English & European

I think everything you've said about them. I tried them one night, and agree were quite nice and a good change, but not really at the price being charged

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You have to worry about the decision making process that leads people to believe that there will be demand for a 7 quid pot noodle. That's 7 as in (seven).

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
You have to worry about the decision making process that leads people to believe that there will be demand for a 7 quid pot noodle. That's 7 as in (seven).

Exactly nail on head.

It reminds me of that old Apprentice task last series, where they were trying to flog meatballs and pasta for £7 outside Hearts football club. Anybody thinking football fans will pay £7 for a pot noodle on a regular basis is off their trolley, makes you wonder how on earth people get these jobs.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't believe Azure for one second about the Kronie. I'd withdeanwager its all spin and lies and is more about reducing the choice thereby allowing them to pour shit lager en masse thereby speeding up the queues. Its not so much about the loss of Kronie as the imposition of Fosters. I won't be drinking it. Like you, I'd be happy to pay a premium for a premium Czech lager. Oh well.

Absolutely. Why not make Kronenbourg the only option? Because there's more profit in Fosters. And the guy that said you can't tell the difference between the two at a football stadium – come off it…

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I don't mind paying a bit more if it means better service and more money in the club's coffers. Shame about reduced choice in some areas but I don't concur that everything apart from pies are rubbish - the burgers last season were the beefiest I've had at a football ground, rather than the usual thin slabs of horse meat (could've done with a bit more standardisation re; extra fillings though).

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

True I'd forgotten they reintroduced the noodles half way through season, having scrapped em after SSC final.

But u don't understand my point. That I struggle with.

What have Azure brought to the table?
Quality food? No, the only tasty thing are the pies which I believe were procured before Azure. If Azure are judged as caterers the burgers are their legacy. Poor.

Quality and speedy service? No.

Knowledgable and experienced mgmt? I would question some of the farcical logistics.

Offer of choice marking out the Amex from other grounds? Bit by bit this has been reduced from original expectation raising statements of last summer.

So what do you believe Azure have bought to the service that has added value?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
True I'd forgotten they reintroduced the noodles half way through season, having scrapped em after SSC final.

But u don't understand my point. That I struggle with.

What have Azure brought to the table?
Quality food? No, the only tasty thing are the pies which I believe were procured before Azure. If Azure are judged as caterers the burgers are their legacy. Poor.

Quality and speedy service? No.

Knowledgable and experienced mgmt? I would question some of the farcical logistics.

Offer of choice marking out the Amex from other grounds? Bit by bit this has been reduced from original expectation raising statements of last summer.

So what do you believe Azure have bought to the service that has added value?

Top post :clap2:

Time to bring the catering in-house shirley? Azure appear to add little to the process that the Albion couldn't sort out for themselves.

In the West Stand Lower before the Reading pre-season friendly started a mate of mine went to get a pint of Harveys, he was first told by the person serving him that he couldn't sell him the beer as it was ten minutes before kick off, but then the person serving relented and sold him the beer.

Has anyone else experienced this? Was the person serving my mate talking rubbish? Is this a new club policy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here