Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering improved

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Won't be queing for refresments this year, brought meself a lovely lil' flask which will be getting it's first outing tomorrow! expecting much piss-taking tbh!

If its metal you may have an issue on access. Stewards would be perfectly within their rightts to take it off you as a condition of entry into the stadium - they insist on the tops comig off the plastic bottles of water

If its metal you may have an issue on access. Stewards would be perfectly within their rightts to take it off you as a condition of entry into the stadium - they insist on the tops comig off the plastic bottles of water

I do hope not i see loads of the old boys going in with much bigger ones than mine!! with their sarnies to boot!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

No they don't, at least in the wsu they don't take lids off anything.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
used a metal flask a lot last season, bag was searched on several occasions and was never questioned about flask once

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No. It's £3.90, a rise of a whopping thirty pence. Criminal. :rolleyes:

Someone remind me how many beers were on offer at Withdean?

depends where you were drinking.

Now somebody remind me what the food options were at withdean? bacon rolls, fish and chips, burgers, hot dogs, pies, ice cream......anything I've missed?

Yous ee Zteve, just comparing what was on offer at withdean compared to Falmer is not a valid argument. You have to compare last season to this season.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can't believe for a second that the ditched Kronenbourg because nobody was buying it. You've only got to look at the pub pumps in town to see that that type of lager is far more popular than Fosters and has been for a long time. It's far more likely that the decision hinges on the profit margin - the cost price of weak lager that tastes like piss must surely be much lower than on decent beer.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Someone remind me how many beers were on offer at Withdean?

What's that got to do with anything? You can't compare The Amex to Withdean.

We were told that catering was going to be better than, and different to, the normal football match experience.

Now there is one (crap) lager on the concourses, one veggie option, and everything has gone up by far more than the rate of inflation.

Oh, and as far as the sales of Kronenborg is concerned, perhaps if it has been more readily available then they might have sold more.

It won't affect my enjoyment of watching The Albion at all - it just means I won't be spending my money at the stadium, and will I arrive later/ leave straight after the game, rather than hanging around. Shame, as I thought the club wanted us to stay behind, to help with traffic congestion etc...

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
The big mistake the club made was to have the prices too low for last season. They must have been around 10% cheaper than most clubs. Now people are up in arms because they've increased prices to the going rate.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
That's exactly what I meant, I've forgotten the amount of times I said "Oh just give me a Fosters then"

Same here but after increasing the little bottles from £3.00 to £3.90 (the same as a pint I think and no chance to use your card to get the 10% off) I will give them a miss this season as they appear to be the biggest ripoff. £3.90 for a pint isn't too bad especially with the discount although I think the loss of a strong lager will affect sales.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I can't believe for a second that the ditched Kronenbourg because nobody was buying it. You've only got to look at the pub pumps in town to see that that type of lager is far more popular than Fosters and has been for a long time. It's far more likely that the decision hinges on the profit margin - the cost price of weak lager that tastes like piss must surely be much lower than on decent beer.

Foster's was the best selling 'beer' (I use the word loosely, of course) at the stadium last season - and that includes Harvey's.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Don't mind a small increase if the beer and choice of food is decent. Bored with pies, burgers and hotdogs are shite and Fosters is only fit for clearing the drains. Can't help but feel the club has shot itself in the foot on this one. I'll be interested to see what the food and drink revenues are like at the end of this coming season.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Foster's was the best selling 'beer' (I use the word loosely, of course) at the stadium last season - and that includes Harvey's.

Does that include bottled Fosters as well? You carefully just said 'beer' rather than specifying if you meant draught beer.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Think i shall be making a trip to the swan on Saturday for the Barnsley game as not sure i can face the long queues. Its not so much the cost that gets me but the fact that the staff are slow and dont seem to know what they are doing.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Don't mind a small increase if the beer and choice of food is decent. Bored with pies, burgers and hotdogs are shite and Fosters is only fit for clearing the drains. Can't help but feel the club has shot itself in the foot on this one. I'll be interested to see what the food and drink revenues are like at the end of this coming season.

The annoying thing was that Fosters was the biggest seller by far, although I suspect that this may have been due to there being greater stocks of the stuff as the Kronenberg seemed to run out quite a lot. As has been pointed out by others, the Fosters may well have drunk by an awful lot of people for whom it was not a first choice but had no alternative once reaching the counter. Sadly I include myself amongst this number, however this season, if it's a choice between Fosters and nothing, i'll take the nothing.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How much is the match day spesh now? (Pint of strongbow and a steak & ale obviously). Before 10% discount I mean...

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

Completely agree, I used to enjoy my couple of pre-match pints of Kronenberg last season, there's no way I'm going to drink dishwater Fosters, so the club can do one as far as I'm concerned. And I agree about the pies, novelty has worn off for me as well. And watch out all you Harveys lovers, what's the betting they replace it with John Smiths before long. From now on I will be drinking at a pub and probably getting something to eat there as well, my gain, the clubs loss. The club really seem to think they can chuck anything at us and we'll buy it, well I for one won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here