Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering Experience at Amex

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Simple,the club buy a dozen hot dog vans,stalls,and have them outside the ground,still get the money going to the club, punters are happy,less customers inside,quicker service,all are happy,or is that too easy to see?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Free beer was available after the game in the north - there were a couple of fans pooring pints from one of the un-manned harveys stands (the separate ones not from the main hatches). It seemed all of those sellers had gone home.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Hmm saying your understaffed is no excuse. No different at the restaurant, when things are slow because we are understaffed I dont actually admit we are short staffed. Not our guests fault and they dont care! Hopefully its all sorted by april :D

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I suppose there is nothing to stop us asked asking them if they are intending to take steps to improve their service at the Amex:

I note they haven't bothered to update their website yet to include us as clients

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can't knock my seat and the view. Right on the front row of the Upper West - superb.

However, can't say I'm enjoying the experience on the concourse. Packed, sweaty - nightmare to get from one end to the other through the queues, generally full of people pissed off at the delays and quality of what is on offer.

I hope the club get it right - but it's not what I expected at all. It's nothing different from the fare on offer from any big arena. Generate as much money as possible, f*ck the quality.

I'm bringing sandwiches :lolol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Whilst not wishing to disrespect all the staff who I have experienced in West Stand Upper, the phrase ' if you pay peanuts you get monkeys ' seems fair. They need some senior staff managers keeping an eye on the youngsters serving. A classic example being the Liverpool game where me and a mate had queued for 10 mins and were about 3 people from the till. Fortunately we took a break in our eager pre match chat and spotted that nobody was turning round with beer in their hand. We quickly joined another queue but it was obvious that no staff member had thought it wise to pass it down the lines that they had run out of alcohol. Basic stuff..

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Have to say it looks like's a mistake in appointing Azure. They were apparently short staffed on Wednesday as well.

Prices have gone up in 1901 as previously stated, plently of pretty girls walking around in their uniforms but don't actually appear to do anything than walk around looking pretty.

Profile lounge is far two small for the amount of people using it meaning you don't realy get any benifit for the privelage.

To buy a coffee you have to queue at the bar pay there and get a receipt to take to a coffee stand! Which when busy takes ages. Pies are now overcooked and nothing like they were in the first few games. Harveys has disappeared as well from the profile lounge.

Stadium is great. my seat is great but the catering is poor and overpriced.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Was really looking forward to a pint and pie before matches at Amex. However, all thers evening matches mean can't arrive until about 15/20 minutes before K.O. To be honest have abandoned catering completely now, queues and heaving crowds in WSU not worth the bother. Shame.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
My mates queued at half time in the WSU in a very slow moving line - the reason for this was that when they reached the front they were told they couldn't pay by cash - only cards! Fancy that - not being able to pay cash!

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Sadly it is painfully slow getting served,and when you are served nobody seems to have a clue how to work the tills,never any ketchup or mustard and was offered vinegar to put on my cheeseburger! for fucks sake,I know it is still early days but lets hope the powers that be read some of these comments and strive to improve things,and sell chips!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ive read through this and it could have been a time warp - exactly the same issues and complaints at two months ago. then inexperience and unexpected popularity could be used as an excuse, now it just doesnt wash.

how the f*** does a bar run out of beer? how can they not have enough hotdogs? they can keep for months. with 3 home games in a week, anything could be kept from one game to the next so this really is incompetent.

there are issues with transport which the club are hoping to alliviate by encouraging use of the refreashments before and after the game. this isnt going to work if people dont trust the service and use other establishments, before considering the lost revenue.

hshaw

Dec 30, 2010
hove
I'm in wsl and it took me the whole of half time queuing, when I got to the front the women behind the kiosk didn't understand how the Machine worked and put my card through 3 times, therefore I believe I may have been charged 6 quid for a tango, however they are 600 ml bottles

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stadium is great. my seat is great but the catering is poor and overpriced.

Pop a polite email to Jo Brooks at Azure. Your feelings are commom.

Azure seem to be making a number of changes which seem to miss the target. It seems to be based on what they think we might like. Why not ask us what we want?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
As I said weeks ago, the only thing really letting down the Amex is Azure. Absolute crap. Met someone from the Uni the other day who said that caterers went in there and gave any student who wanted bar work a job without even interviewing them and requiring no experience whatsoever. Her friend is now a 'bar manager' despite having no prior bar knowledge at all.

As for the vastly overpriced 1901 platinum catering.. last night broke new ground. Presumably as most people are spurning the mediocre (for the price) sit-down meals, they've now introduced carvery rolls at £5.50 a time. They must have realised though that none would sell at that price with the pies being so good.. the solution: put the pies up to £4.50 each.. (and the pie and a pint deal has never applied in the 1901). I will be looking for mobile sellers and taking my pie in with me in future, purely on principle.

The pies had gone back to £3.50 last night, but that baguette, as nice as it looks, is shockingly over-priced.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The pies had gone back to £3.50 last night, but that baguette, as nice as it looks, is shockingly over-priced.

I wonder who decided that folk would like a baguette for over a fiver? Why not simply provide regular footy food eg burgers, pies etc. Mind you, if they charged £3.50 for burger they would have not been able to sell it for £25 with chips in the sit down section at the Liverpool game.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I wonder who decided that folk would like a baguette for over a fiver? Why not simply provide regular footy food eg burgers, pies etc. Mind you, if they charged £3.50 for burger they would have not been able to sell it for £25 with chips in the sit down section at the Liverpool game.

I saw a couple of people who must have been in the lounge for the first time and they thought the food was for everyone, so grabbed a plate and filled their boots. They got spotted, but they let them keep the food. Must try that myself some time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw a couple of people who must have been in the lounge for the first time and they thought the food was for everyone, so grabbed a plate and filled their boots. They got spotted, but they let them keep the food. Must try that myself some time.

Funny. I wonder if these were the same people who started helping themselves from an unmanned Harveys minibar post-match under the north stand?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
they need Smart Card only payment queues. These are twice as quick as even cash and a lot quicker than paying by debit or credit card.

These should rocket down much faster and make things a lot easier for all.

this and beer ONLY queues. its not fuckin rocket science.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here