Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering Experience at Amex

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
why on earth can't they staff the place properly!

On another thread about the catering in the East Stand Brasserie, it seems like the ESB is over-staffed! (I do, however, appreciate that this is before the game rather than at half time).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On another thread about the catering in the East Stand Brasserie, it seems like the ESB is over-staffed! (I do, however, appreciate that this is before the game rather than at half time).

From the other thread it also appears the East Stand Brasserie is much better in food quality, price and menu. Why cant they replicate this in the West?

After the burger and chips thingy me and my chum have decided against any further sit-down meals until there is a discernable improvement. I'm happy to spend money, but unhappy at feeling cheated.

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
are we sure that friday night was not paryt of this???-

Two thousand people across the country have taken part in the biggest exercise so far to test plans for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

The first ‘command post exercise’ simulated a number of incidents, such as excessively hot weather and long queues at venues, that could impact on the smooth running of the Games, and tested how different agencies would work together to deal with them.

The exercise replicated days five to seven of the Games

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I see the General Manager at the Amex for the caterers used to be in charge of food sold on Brighton Pier, among his other achievements. Can we expect to see some of those doughnut machines? Sticks of Albion-themed rock?

He has also worked at the O2 and Emirates start-ups, so should know what he's doing. People like that need to be out on the concourses in the hour before kick-off, though.

'tell me not what you've done but what you've acheived?' was the question missing from his interview

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
There was some bloke at half-time in WSL giving that guy in a suit a massive amount of foul-mouthed abuse and then trying to push in other queues, all while effing and blinding away. Not saying it was you, but whoever it was acted like a total COCK.

Glad to say that wasn't me. I gave up before kick off. Couldn't face doing it all again at half time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Go into Aldi on London road for a masterclass on how to serve people quickly and efficiently.

They're not that bright. They don't have shopping baskets, only trolleys. And they only have two checkouts open, apart from when its really busy. Then they only have one checkout open.

Been in there twice since it opened, then gave it up as a bad job. Same as many people's experience with the Amex catering in fact...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
From the other thread it also appears the East Stand Brasserie is much better in food quality, price and menu. Why cant they replicate this in the West?

After the burger and chips thingy me and my chum have decided against any further sit-down meals until there is a discernable improvement. I'm happy to spend money, but unhappy at feeling cheated.

I'm pretty sure the ESB is the only catering at the stadium that's not run by Azure. And it's the best by all accounts. Hmmm.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would never expect to be able to leave my seat after the half-time whistle and be able to buy and consume refreshments and be back in my seat for the second-half. And that applies to any football ground, not just the Amex. If you want something at half-time, get down to the concourse well before the end of the first half - it's just the way it is.

However from observation - there are hundreds that do. All willing to put at least £3.80 in the clubs bank account, but are unable to do so.

Yes it's a difficult problem to solve, but all the time it isn't - the club are throwing money away are they not ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here