Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering Experience at Amex

Gullysgirl

Sep 16, 2011
Lancing
I have great concerns for this country if it is Uni kids being employed - I asked for a pint and half of Fosters and was meet with a puzzled look and then asked 'is that in two glasses'...WTF! When I confirmed it was indeed in two glasses he still had no clue what I wanted he had to go ask his 'supervisor.

this is why the queues dont move as quickly as they should!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't think it's too bad .. expect to queue a bit but does seem to me the experience could be improved if

** Guys with beer in packs that they can pump out into glasses - seen them at grand Prix and couple of concerts great!)
** Bottled Fosters stand is a total rip off
** If short of staff why what seems like hundreds of birds around giving out flyers for Christmas party - waste of money totally (just email everyone and put stuff on website)
** Pies .. too dry .. and why can't we have a "pie of the month" getting a bit samey now

All in all I'd say a good experience though

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Well you lot should think yourselves lucky coz 1901 platinum on Weds at £25 for a beer and a burger and chips is a joke.
The burgers were poor, the presentation was crap and the service was shoddy. It might be a laugh as its 1901 but remember that this club and ground needs to compete on its facilities as well as on the pitch. As much as it pains me to say it we need corporate and entertainment money to pay championship or premiership wages unless we want to go back to cowshed bogs and backwards standards of catering and arena.

Even last night the fish and chips did not look to be the standard we were promised (high class catering) and its third division at best.

The bloke from Hardings must be pissing himself at what is being served and then crying when he sees the prices charged. It must be the chefs coz no one really good would produce or let their food go out like that! It looks like its been bought in and reheated and not prepared at the amex.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As for the vastly overpriced 1901 platinum catering.. last night broke new ground. Presumably as most people are spurning the mediocre (for the price) sit-down meals, they've now introduced carvery rolls at £5.50 a time.

I opted for the pre-Liverpool American Diner buffet. £25 for burger and chips, and a few other bits and pieces like nachos and breaded mushrooms. I was also squeezed onto a round table of 8 others. Very disappointing quality wise, price wise a rip off, and not the relaxing dinner I was wanting before the game. I would have felt cheated paying £10, let alone £25.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well you lot should think yourselves lucky coz 1901 platinum on Weds at £25 for a beer and a burger and chips is a joke.
The burgers were poor, the presentation was crap and the service was shoddy. It might be a laugh as its 1901 but remember that this club and ground needs to compete on its facilities as well as on the pitch. As much as it pains me to say it we need corporate and entertainment money to pay championship or premiership wages unless we want to go back to cowshed bogs and backwards standards of catering and arena.

Even last night the fish and chips did not look to be the standard we were promised (high class catering) and its third division at best.

The bloke from Hardings must be pissing himself at what is being served and then crying when he sees the prices charged. It must be the chefs coz no one really good would produce or let their food go out like that! It looks like its been bought in and reheated and not prepared at the amex.

Snap

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Had to laugh - Someone asked for sugar with their coffee and the waitress gave him 3 lumps with her fingers!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
wouldn't mind the return of sausage and bacon baguettes .. see THAT'S what I miss about Withdean

and being home 5 minutes after the game

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had to laugh - Someone asked for sugar with their coffee and the waitress gave him 3 lumps with her fingers!!

Brilliant. There was an incredibly cute girl tending the help-yerself coffee last night, but she appeared to spend her periods of inactivity talking to herself.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'd be tempted to fork out on a proper meal for a special occasion but all I hear is of overpriced and poor quality.

Albion need to sort this out because a bad reputation sticks.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have never eaten in 1901 and doubt I ever will. Complete rip off. The fact they are now charging more here for pies than in the other parts of the ground is a f***ing joke and told them that.

Oh and two pints of orange and lemonade £9.20!!! Un-be-leivable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have never eaten in 1901 and doubt I ever will. Complete rip off. The fact they are now charging more here for pies than in the other parts of the ground is a f***ing joke and told them that.

Oh and two pints of orange and lemonade £9.20!!! Un-be-leivable.

Is this true? The pies have gone up by a pound? Did you ask the reason why the pies have gone up? To randomly stick a pound on the price of a pie is taking the piss.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have great concerns for this country if it is Uni kids being employed - I asked for a pint and half of Fosters and was meet with a puzzled look and then asked 'is that in two glasses'...WTF! When I confirmed it was indeed in two glasses he still had no clue what I wanted he had to go ask his 'supervisor.

this is why the queues dont move as quickly as they should!
They don't do halves, or was this 1901?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
On weds in WSL it took 20 mins at half time to get a soft drink - all pies sold out and no chance of a beer before they stopped serving. Was there early yesterday so no queues but the lad serving us appeared totally untrained and there were no supervisors to help him so it took 10 mins for him to work out how to charge for a pie and pint deal that had a soft drink not a pint. There was plenty of time and I was happy to be patient but he would have been totally overwhelmed once it got busy. Not his fault - he needed training and supervision. And surely it would be easier to have two staff per till, one to sort the food and drink the other to take the money - would massively speed things up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That would ring alarm bells in my head, I'd expect the type of food you would get in local restaurant, not a f*cking Nandos.

I'd have been happy with Nandos quality to be honest. I have just written to Azure to politely let them know I was disappointed. The food has been getting steadily worse in my experience.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Waiting times mega. 15 minutes at half time just to get a tea.

Not terrible, but club throwing away turnover.

WSU crowds just seem to swamp the catering. Can't see the physical room to expand it.

This.
Nightmare in WSU, even if you pop down a few minutes before half time.

Some punters definately gave up.

Club inadvertently throwing money away.

Can extra tills be squeezed in, and those slow staff be weeded out or trained up to have some urgency about them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As the club have so much to sort out generally, perhaps we should be contacting Azure directly to let them know what a crap job they're doing?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As the club have so much to sort out generally, perhaps we should be contacting Azure directly to let them know what a crap job they're doing?

I just have re 1901.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here