Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering Experience at Amex

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Too many punters, not enough staff and stock.

Price we pay for being the dogs doodars.

Need some catering on the outside.

TB

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Almost everytime you get served the person behind the counter says 'sorry it's my first night'. Don't seem to have any regular staff which does not help with service speeds.

That is my impression, we were in the ground earlier than usual last night and it was clear that the supervisor in the north catering had at least four or five new people he was explaining how the tills work

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
Ive been charged twice, not charged at all, the main thing is the queues and the training, most of the staff still arent sure how to use the till and smartcard payments.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WSU. Pre match I've never had any problems getting beer or food. Generally served reasonably quickly and politely. Half time however I don't even bother trying. Because I like to watch the full 45 minutes, the chances of getting a pint are less than zero.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Out of interest what has happened to the blokes with the backpacks selling bottled Fosters? Is it just the WSU that they have vanished from or is it all over the ground? Last night we had a kiddy selling hot dogs, pies and fizzy pop but it seemed you could only get stingo from the kiosks.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
With regard to getting drinks out quick, why don't the staff pour a load during the first half ready for the half time rush?

Agree AND 2 staff per till-one taking order/money-the other chucking the food/booze on the counter (as they do in a lot of bigger grounds). The extra £7 an hour it will cost would be made back within 1st 10 mins!!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
The kind of pumps they have at wembley and twickenham would help. The ones that pour 4 pints at a time, pre-match last night in the west upper at the d block bar the lad couldn't keep up so the queue was waiting for drinks to be poured.

The girl who served me debited my card 4 times for 1 pint. She said she couldn't refund it so ended up drinking 4 pints in half hour, which got me drunk very quickly and the half time piss queue a nightmare. God knows how I managed to hold it in tbh.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The girl who served me debited my card 4 times for 1 pint. She said she couldn't refund it so ended up drinking 4 pints in half hour, which got me drunk very quickly and the half time piss queue a nightmare. God knows how I managed to hold it in tbh.

Loving that! What if she has debited your card 8 times?!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
WSL - last night the service was so slow it was painful. The young bloke in the suit who was warning about the cut off time for selling alcohol before the match got an earful. His excuse was that they were low on staff but;

1. Thats not my problem.
2. All the service points were fully manned but the staff seemed to spend all their time staring at the tills and then running around doing nothing.

I wasn't in the best of moods (like many others) having just been messed around by the rail service for hours!

There was some bloke at half-time in WSL giving that guy in a suit a massive amount of foul-mouthed abuse and then trying to push in other queues, all while effing and blinding away. Not saying it was you, but whoever it was acted like a total COCK.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
its beyond me that they don't pour hundreds of pints of harveys before the game and then ready for half time,
its not as if it will go flat.

the queues are mental and a real pain in the arse, it must be costing the club a fortune

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Loving that! What if she has debited your card 8 times?!

Don't know mate! 8 is too much for me for a whole evening yet alone half hour lol

Would have given 4 or 5 away to friends etc probably, if I'd drunk 8 I'd have projectile vomited over everyone in front, bearing in mind I'm row v of wsu, a lot of people would have got covered.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I've posted this before but a friend of mine's daughter attended the main Azure Training before the stadium had opened and it was completely farcical. Classic example was 200 odd people turned up and were given a training timetable for 3 days when everyone in the room was told beforehand it was for 2 days so half couldn't make the final day. Again mentioned lots by others but I would also make a personal plea that please don't blame the staff. management of azure have dumped these poor sods right in it!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Again mentioned lots by others but I would also make a personal plea that please don't blame the staff. management of azure have dumped these poor sods right in it!

I'd hope most people can recognise this. It absolutely isn't the fault of the staff. In the first couple of ramp up games it was clear that they hadn't been trained properly.

From what I can see they are now going pretty much as quick as they can. The only way to speed the queues up is more tills and more staff. There's plenty of room on the counter for extra tills.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
As much as i love the new stadium i think the catering is worse than any ground i have ever been to. The food is not bad if you manage to actually get anything but the queues are pathetic. They can no longer be blamed on teething problems. I queued for 15 minutes at half time yesterday to get to the front only to be told there was no pies, no hot dogs, no burgers. It's a f***ing shambles and something needs to be done very quick. Why spend all this money on a new stadium and fill with staff who really dont have a clue.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Queues seemed to have improved pre-match in the north but haven't even bothered trying at HT as don't wanna miss any of match. Needs some counters for ST cards only, would speed things up a lot IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here