Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catch a plastic premiership fan out

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Once you've caught out said premier league fan what happens then? Do you win a prize?

Oh and does knowing who your side is playing at the weekend make you a non plastic fan?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Once you've caught out said premier league fan what happens then? Do you win a prize?

Oh and does knowing who your side is playing at the weekend make you a non plastic fan?

1 , no prize I'm afraid just the knowledge of knowing they're a right goon

2,it certainly helps knowing who you are playing especially if it's an away fixture knowing where your going in this case will be very beneficial in you getting there

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

True enough. I've barely missed an Albion game for years but if you had asked me who we were playing on the Wednesday before most home games (in the League One days) I would not have had a clue.

"Is it Hartlepool again? Or maybe Oldham, not sure? Didn't we play them, or was it the JPT? Ah who cares".

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'll be honest, there have been occasions when I haven't known who Brighton are playing at the weekend. Feel free to shoot me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't always know who we've got next, let alone any other team!

Edit: Beaten to it above ^

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
1 , no prize I'm afraid just the knowledge of knowing they're a right goon

Owwwwwhhh, I was hoping for a gold star to sew on my 53 replica shirts that have my NSC username on the back!?!

2,it certainly helps knowing who you are playing especially if it's an away fixture knowing where your going in this case will be very beneficial in you getting there

Ha! Most of the people who start threads on here about how do I get to [insert team name here] are the same people who could probably recite the entire fixture list the day after it comes out.

But you didn't answer my question though. Is the definition of a plastic fan someone who doesn't know who they are playing at the weekend?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
True enough. I've barely missed an Albion game for years but if you had asked me who we were playing on the Wednesday before most home games (in the League One days) I would not have had a clue.

"Is it Hartlepool again? Or maybe Oldham, not sure? Didn't we play them, or was it the JPT? Ah who cares".

Same here. I'd always know who we were playing if we were away though as I'd have to think about getting there.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
My heads hurting I need to lie down

I thought people liked poking fun at plastic prem fans now it seems NSC like to defend them
Good luck Barber you're on your own mate :shrug:

Redbourn Seagull

Jan 20, 2010
A cracker on talksport the other day, a spurs fan had entered a competition and was talking up Spurs, the 2nd question was who scored two goals for Spurs at the weekend against Coventry in the FA Cup......................silence.......he didn't have a clue, he said Bale, Keys and Gray found it hilarious as did I!! Worrying thing was even I knew it was Dempsey!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
How many plastic man utd , Chelsea & Arsenal fans are you working with that you know dont really have a clue about football .
They come into work with their shirts on ( if you work on a building site ) giving it the Billy big bollocks after a weekend ,yeah van Persie was great what a team up the reds man utd forever crap but get closer to the weekend on a Thursday or Friday I dare you to ask them this question...

" who Man United playing then at the weekend "
Watch their faces as they squirm to find an answer "erm eh oh don't think oh I've been really busy this week not had time to look at the fixtures "
Yeah right then so don't come in Monday morning giving it the
"3-0 to the mighty reds "," champions" bullocks Then calling my local side that I support a load of shit when they live in lancing :facepalm:

RANT OVER!!
Up until recently I was a (lifelong) regular at chelsea, quite often i wouldnt have a clue who the next game was against, I'm starting to get the impression that people like you are a tad insecure about their own status , and are seeking reassurance through posts like this.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
who are we playing this weekend?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
A cracker on talksport the other day, a spurs fan had entered a competition and was talking up Spurs, the 2nd question was who scored two goals for Spurs at the weekend against Coventry in the FA Cup......................silence.......he didn't have a clue, he said Bale, Keys and Gray found it hilarious as did I!! Worrying thing was even I knew it was Dempsey!
Thank you sir that's the sort of post I was looking for

This wasn't a fecking debate
It was an opening thread about my mate who supports manUtd lives in lancing never knows who Man Utd are playing on a Friday but by Christ he let's you know who they played on Monday morning back at work (only if they've won )
FFS
It was only a bit of fun anyway thank you redbourn seagull good story

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
How many plastic man utd , Chelsea & Arsenal fans are you working with that you know dont really have a clue about football .
They come into work with their shirts on ( if you work on a building site ) giving it the Billy big bollocks after a weekend ,yeah van Persie was great what a team up the reds man utd forever crap but get closer to the weekend on a Thursday or Friday I dare you to ask them this question...

" who Man United playing then at the weekend "
Watch their faces as they squirm to find an answer "erm eh oh don't think oh I've been really busy this week not had time to look at the fixtures "
Yeah right then so don't come in Monday morning giving it the
"3-0 to the mighty reds "," champions" bullocks Then calling my local side that I support a load of shit when they live in lancing :facepalm:

RANT OVER!!

I'm with you on this one mate. Live and let live and all that... but i do find it annoying when these people call themselves supporters without having the faintest idea what it actually means to support a team. The commitment, the traveling, the money you have to spend, organising your time etc etc. Standing in a pub on a Sunday afternoon and cheering when someone scores a goal does not make somebody a football supporter.

shit! dempsey has left fulham?:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here