Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catch a plastic premiership fan out

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm with you on this one mate. Live and let live and all that... but i do find it annoying when these people call themselves supporters without having the faintest idea what it actually means to support a team. The commitment, the traveling, the money you have to spend, organising your time etc etc. Standing in a pub on a Sunday afternoon and cheering when someone scores a goal does not make somebody a football supporter.

Live and let live, but you actually prefer to spend every other weekend in all weather at great cost travelling half the country to go into a crappy little stadium eating over-priced fast food to see a lower level of football, than enjoy the best standard of football in the country on a Sunday over a lovely roast lunch and a pint, while (the choice is yours) standing or sitting, with zero cost of admission? Get real.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
How many plastic man utd , Chelsea & Arsenal fans are you working with that you know dont really have a clue about football .
They come into work with their shirts on ( if you work on a building site ) giving it the Billy big bollocks after a weekend ,yeah van Persie was great what a team up the reds man utd forever crap but get closer to the weekend on a Thursday or Friday I dare you to ask them this question...

" who Man United playing then at the weekend "
Watch their faces as they squirm to find an answer "erm eh oh don't think oh I've been really busy this week not had time to look at the fixtures "
Yeah right then so don't come in Monday morning giving it the
"3-0 to the mighty reds "," champions" bullocks Then calling my local side that I support a load of shit when they live in lancing :facepalm:

RANT OVER!!

Maybe your "mate" at work has been a little lonely over the weekend because he doesn't spend his sat afternoon with 1000s of others watching 22 men kick a pigs bladder around a field and is actually at home alone eating microwave dinners and watching Strictly.

He's read the sunday papers so that he has something to talk about on monday morning with his "mates" at work, to get a little of the human contact he's craved over the weekend and none of you lot watched Strictly so he can't talk about his love of latin dance and minor celebrities.

Some so called "mate" then comes on a football website and slags him off for trying to fit in at work and talk about something that doesn't really interest him, but is his only option.

Some f**king mate you are! I'm sure you are just as much a JCL when it comes to Strictly, but I bet if he asked you who was voted off you wouldn't a clue. Bloody plastic Strictly "supporters"!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe your "mate" at work has been a little lonely over the weekend because he doesn't spend his sat afternoon with 1000s of others watching 22 men kick a pigs bladder around a field and is actually at home alone eating microwave dinners and watching Strictly.

He's read the sunday papers so that he has something to talk about on monday morning with his "mates" at work, to get a little of the human contact he's craved over the weekend and none of you lot watched Strictly so he can't talk about his love of latin dance and minor celebrities.

Some so called "mate" then comes on a football website and slags him off for trying to fit in at work and talk about something that doesn't really interest him, but is his only option.

Some f**king mate you are! I'm sure you are just as much a JCL when it comes to Strictly, but I bet if he asked you who was voted off you wouldn't a clue. Bloody plastic Strictly "supporters"!!

:bowdown:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
To father & son
Wayne the hod carrier would not even know what strictly come dancing was
And believe me when I say he his never left out of any conversation
Think of frankie Boyle & Vinnie jones with a little bit of Jim davidson and hey presto you get Wayne the hod carrier

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There are some Chelsea plastics in the office I work in (screen savers, JT calendars, etc), but I have caught them out twice.

No idea they were playing a friendly at the AMEX at the start of this season (I forgave them that, as many haven't any interest in friendlies).

HOWEVER.....

No idea that they were taking part in the World Club Championship - at the very time the semi-final was being played! Unforgivable for a proper supporter, surely?

Anyway, they don't bother our side of the office on Mondays, when the talk is Championship based and generally about how badly Bristol City and Wolves are doing. The three of us on my side just find their repetition of whatever was said about "their" club on MOTD rather amusing.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What if you just like to watch football. I go and watch Brighton play at home and get away to a few away games. If I am working on a Saturday morning of an away match, I will get along and watch a non-league game. That could be Eastbourne, Lewes, Hastings or any team playing in Sussex. Does that make me a plastic or someone who enjoys watching football at any level. I do not mind spending a cold wet Tuesday evening watching a non-league game. And I am also an armchair fan as I watch it on Sky.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What if you just like to watch football. I go and watch Brighton play at home and get away to a few away games. If I am working on a Saturday morning of an away match, I will get along and watch a non-league game. That could be Eastbourne, Lewes, Hastings or any team playing in Sussex. Does that make me a plastic or someone who enjoys watching football at any level. I do not mind spending a cold wet Tuesday evening watching a non-league game. And I am also an armchair fan as I watch it on Sky.

That's just being a good football fan. Plastics are those who don't go or only support a team in the glory days.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Live and let live, but you actually prefer to spend every other weekend in all weather at great cost travelling half the country to go into a crappy little stadium eating over-priced fast food to see a lower level of football, than enjoy the best standard of football in the country on a Sunday over a lovely roast lunch and a pint, while (the choice is yours) standing or sitting, with zero cost of admission? Get real.

That doesn't make much sense. Who travels half the country to go to a crappy little stadium to eat some over-priced food? I'm confused. Pub time is quality time, we all enjoy some pub time. Was just trying to differentiate between people who watch a little football in a pub and proper football supporters. These two beasts are a different species entirely. And when the pub follower tries to make out that he's just like the proper follower, that the ups and downs of their team are experienced with the same degree of sadness or joy, well that is what annoys me.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

You sir, are a 100% proper football man.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
my favorite ever plastic comment from one of my mates who for some bizarre reason pretends that he likes football was in the Euro champs final this year asked me why isnt Messi playing for spain....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That doesn't make much sense. Who travels half the country to go to a crappy little stadium to eat some over-priced food? I'm confused. Pub time is quality time, we all enjoy some pub time. Was just trying to differentiate between people who watch a little football in a pub and proper football supporters. These two beasts are a different species entirely. And when the pub follower tries to make out that he's just like the proper follower, that the ups and downs of their team are experienced with the same degree of sadness or joy, well that is what annoys me.

My mention of food wasn't to suggest people travel to away games specifically to experience fast food, but to say that the food in pubs is generally better than that what is available at a football stadium, unless it's in hospitality.

As for your other point, maybe some people who are fans of the bigger teams, who can switch off from the fact 'City' have lost to 'United', actually have a greater sense of perspective and proportion than an Albion fan who feels his whole weekend is ruined because 'his' team have lost to Palace on the Saturday.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Hod carriers are all nutters. Not surprised you are trading from the safety of a computer.
Fwiw on several occasions I have completely forgotten that we are playing let alone who. Luckily I have set up alerts on my phone to warn me an hour before K.O. Cue a mad dash usually on bike, great speed being needed to both arrive on time and gain distance from the aggrieved lady friend.
Fortunately the laser display board tells me who we're playing and I don't have to shame myself by asking my neighbors.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Who did we play last Saturday? There's nothing on my Outlook calendar to remind me.

I think we were playing some League One outfit in the FA Cup, their supporters were wearing black and white so I guess it was Notts County.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
To father & son
Wayne the hod carrier would not even know what strictly come dancing was
And believe me when I say he his never left out of any conversation
Think of frankie Boyle & Vinnie jones with a little bit of Jim davidson and hey presto you get Wayne the hod carrier

I rest my case... a poor, sensitive, lonely soul who likes nothing better than to watch Songs of Praise with a cat on his lap, knitting a scarf... he just has to massively overcompensate when in the presence of "real men" by pretending to be something he isn't!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here