Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Casper Ankergren: Liability / Useless Oaf

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Well..that is according to these Sheffield Wednesday muppets...
warning.gif

http://www.owlsonline.com/?page=forum&forum_id=2&thread_id=9633

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I love our Casper. Highlights of the season include him appearing to faff around on the ball towards one side of the box, which draws in a striker, he then picks the ball up and throws it back across the box over the strikers head to a waiting Greer leading to a look of extreme frustration on the striker. Love it, absolutely love it

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Although sometimes his time wasting goes wrong and he gets booked!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can understand why opposition fans hate him but he is bloody good at getting us to play from the back

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Um. That's a very old thread from just after the Rochdale game. The biggest quote on the thread is a copy and paste of our very own TCB.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Great Thread.
The comments on that forum are from last august and caused by chumps on here who couldn't recognise a decent keeper.
I agree with CG. Caspers composure with the ball at his feet & distribution is key to our style.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why post a 4 month old friend from another club's board that was referring to some frankly rediculous over the top posts on our board? :US:

We really need to get over this small club persecution complex for fucks sake, who cares what other clubs think!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
not quite sure what the point is of resurrecting a 6 month old thread from a team who we don't play until April?
Is it having a go at Ankergren or at Wednesday?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
By far my favourite Casper moment was just before half time at home to Charlton when he waited just outside his area with the ball in play. The Charlton players complained to the ref but nothing could be done because the ball was in play. FINALLY, one of their strikers ran for it and the Big Dane hammered the ball down the pitch for the final whistle to be blown.

He can be massively irritating but, hey, its a massive reason for why we are where we are.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
By far my favourite Casper moment was just before half time at home to Charlton when he waited just outside his area with the ball in play. The Charlton players complained to the ref but nothing could be done because the ball was in play. FINALLY, one of their strikers ran for it and the Big Dane hammered the ball down the pitch for the final whistle to be blown.

He can be massively irritating but, hey, its a massive reason for why we are where we are.

That was brilliant. I thought the world had stopped myself. I love it, he's an expert at it and it'll get us points.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach

The sarcastic clapping of our fans when the player started running towards the ball haha one of the best moments of the season.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Oh yes - Oh yes - Oh yes

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think he would easily be at home playing in the back four as opposed to in goal, very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He sometimes punches when he should catch, but he's a good shot stopper and his distribution is superb. Does't warrent quite a lot of the criticism he gets on here, mainly by the Kuipers worshipers I suspect.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here