Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cashpoints

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Cashpoints

roz said:
Now that's what I really don't understand. Why do people (OK, sometimes it's wimmin) put items worth way less than a fiver - sometimes less than a couple of quid - on their cards?

I was having a chat to a (female) friend of mine about this and she said that since she stopped using cash she has started to spend considerably less now she only uses her card. I think it's because when you don't have cash on you, you are not constantly checking how much you've got and, therefore, how much you can spend. It's a constant reminder that you've got money innit.

I might start doing this.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Re: Re: Re: Cashpoints

roz said:
Now that's what I really don't understand. Why do people (OK, sometimes it's wimmin) put items worth way less than a fiver - sometimes less than a couple of quid - on their cards?

I never pay on card if it's less than a tenner

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cashpoints

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I was having a chat to a (female) friend of mine about this and she said that since she stopped using cash she has started to spend considerably less now she only uses her card. I think it's because when you don't have cash on you, you are not constantly checking how much you've got and, therefore, how much you can spend. It's a constant reminder that you've got money innit.

I might start doing this.

:safeway2:

Cash is king baby.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is nice to have a lot of cash in your wallet but the problem is you always spend more that way and it doesn't look so cool if you lose your wallet. Gutted if it was stuffed to the brim with loverly notes that you will never see again.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
does nut keep going to cash point, always an inconvenience especially when I seem to suddenly end up in boozers without warning.

Like to have £30 on me at all times

Nibble said:
It is nice to have a lot of cash in your wallet but the problem is you always spend more that way and it doesn't look so cool if you lose your wallet. Gutted if it was stuffed to the brim with loverly notes that you will never see again.

The simple answer is to NOT lose your wallet Nibble. Either that or carve yourself a nifty new moneyclip for holding the folding.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
roz said:
I'd be more bothered about the potential security risks of constantly going to ATMs to get tenners out than I would of being mugged.
Roz is spot on there. Surely the chance of being FLEECED electronically is greater than the chance of being mugged. That's what I always assume anyway.

csider said:
I have been known to take £10. So what?

I also on occassion take £350, so making your £50 look a little lame - Peasant!
Hooray for you!

And if I wanted to come across as FLASH I would have lied and said £500 at a time or something similarly dwayneish.

Meanwhile I am yet to be convinced that taking out a tenner a time is anything other than a waste of time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Lokki 7 said:
The simple answer is to NOT lose your wallet Nibble. Either that or carve yourself a nifty new moneyclip for holding the folding.

I see what you mean but you can never account for accidents or some little tealeaf having it away. Dippers have all manner of methods to get your cash off ya these days. Obviously if you are going to a nightclub or a gig you need to have cash cos it is a massive pain to pay with cards but honestly, it is so easy to have stuff nicked or even get mugged. wouldn't you be gutted?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cashpoints

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Nope. Just SHIT with money aren't I.

Give me some of yours please.
There must be bigger MONEYBAGS than me on here. Why of course there are! Did you know FRANK was going to sue me until he found out I had no cash. It's true! Ask him!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Lokki had it right earlier in this thread. You can guarantee my wife has absolutely NOTHING in her purse when we go anywhere. Consequently, I end up paying for more or less everything as I’m the only one with any cash. I suppose I’m the stupid one but at least I don’t spend half my life standing behind TWATS who spend 10 minutes taking £20 out.

The other stupid thing I can’t understand is people who only put a tenners worth of petrol in the car. Fill the f***ing thing up you PIKEYS, otherwise you will be back doing the same thing tomorrow.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I went down a cashpoint two Sundays ago to take out some notes for a ten-pin bowling birthday afternoon for a "buddy". Now, this machine didn't have tenners, so i request a double. The card came out, and i f***ing well walked off. Went into Tescos, got to the cashier and noticed i'd not picked up the twenner. What a f***ing helmet.

Quite often i take a tenner out a day. Get lunch in and some snacks with newspaper, remaining aware that is my daily limit.

Meade's_Ball said:
I went down a cashpoint two Sundays ago to take out some notes for a ten-pin bowling birthday afternoon for a "buddy". Now, this machine didn't have tenners, so i request a double. The card came out, and i f***ing well walked off. Went into Tescos, got to the cashier and noticed i'd not picked up the twenner. What a f***ing helmet.

Quite often i take a tenner out a day. Get lunch in and some snacks with newspaper, remaining aware that is my daily limit.

If there was no one behind you, the machine would have withdrawn the money after about 30 seconds and your account will not have been debited.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lokki 7 said:
If there was no one behind you, the machine would have withdrawn the money after about 30 seconds and your account will not have been debited.
If there was somebody behind you, he probably pocketed the proceeds and laughed heartily. However, the machine would probably have taken your card back unless the bloke behind you was a proper CRIM in which case you'll have to phone and cancel it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Lokki 7 said:

I have checked it, and despite there being no queue someone must have walked past and picked the purple beaut up.
I couldn't help see it as anything but fate and justice, as only that morning i'd been thinking how well i'd done recently in the fiscal world. Basically, never over-congratulate yourself. A happy-chap with at least 5 chancer's arms in his sleeves will always come and steal what you are proudest and loudest of.

Simster said:
The other day I was in the queue at the ATM behind a fairly normal looking woman.

However she can't have been normal because she only took a TENNER out of the cash point. What's the point of that? I thought only WHACKY stewdents and dog on a string SCROUNGING types did that.

But seriously, does any one else on here take out a tenner at a time from the cashpoint. Personally I take £50 nearly every time I visit. What about YOU?

Probably because she'll fleece some sucker bloke into buying everything and all she needs is enough for a cab home when she decides she's done stringing him along. She'll only need it then if she gets a female cab driver.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here