Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cashless Stadium?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I love the idea of people being able to turn up on the day to buy tickets and I genuinely think it will affect attendences if they cannot. It's one of the things I love about old-fashioned football grounds. For away games I much prefer the idea of being able to buy on the day.
Me too, BUT this is far from being an 'old fashioned football ground'. It's a state of the art stadium. Sign of the times, I'm afraid.

I'm not saying they won't be able to but it just takes that much more effort. It would require ringing up/ going online and registering before buying a ticket as opposed to a casual stroll over the road to buy a ticket on the Saturday afternoon.
I think that once you have your details logged, all it could rquire is sending a text message. The ticket price is then taken from your designated card. You then just scan the received reply, and hey presto, through the turnstile you go.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A student mate of mine and a load of his mates wanted to come and watch a game last year but when I told them they couldn't buy on the gate, and what it took to get a ticket, they decided they couldn't be bothered.

I know students struggle with things like boiling an egg but seriously, how bloody difficult is it to pick up the phone and then collect your tickets at the ground ?

I bet you and you're mates don't struggle sending a text so it should be even easier for you at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here