Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cashless Stadium?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I put the original question to insider as I was concerned about buying a ticket if i did not have a bank account etc, so am hoping an office would be at the ground to be honest

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
You don't have a bank account ? none of my business but why the hell not

There are a surprising number of people who have no Credit / Debit Cards.

So Insider's response on ATC is good news - he states they will accept cash at the Ticket Office.

However LB's reply seems to imply the Ticket Office WON'T be at the ground.I am staggered if that's the case. A £93million pound Stadium with no Ticket Office.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are a surprising number of people who have no Credit / Debit Cards.

So Insider's response on ATC is good news - he states they will accept cash at the Ticket Office.

However LB's reply seems to imply the Ticket Office WON'T be at the ground.I am staggered if that's the case. A £93million pound Stadium with no Ticket Office.

There will be. It would be totally stupid not to. Please see my previous post.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
There will be. It would be totally stupid not to. Please see my previous post.

I tend to agree, but I think people still imagine that they will be able to go with cash to the Amex on matchday and buy a ticket, when all along the club have said that you will not be able to buy a ticket on the day with cash!

Maybe the farmers shop could double up as a ticket facility with cash options.

Buy a Sandwich for £25 and get a complimentary ticket!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I tend to agree, but I think people still imagine that they will be able to go with cash to the Amex on matchday and buy a ticket, when all along the club have said that you will not be able to buy a ticket on the day with cash!

Maybe the farmers shop could double up as a ticket facility with cash options.

Buy a Sandwich for £25 and get a complimentary ticket!!

Well Insider says you WILL be able to pay cash for a Ticket at the Ticket Office........

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the confusion here relates to the fact that the club have not given the fans a straight answer( not deliberately)

Uber fans have suggested that there will be booths at bus stops/stations/ cafes/ club shop, or we will be able to buy one on line and swipe a card to collect when we get to a turnstule etc etc, but it appears to be a definite that there will not be a facility to buy a ticket at the ground on match day

Until Obergruppenfuhrer Perry tells us definitively, then we are live in ignorant bliss

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I was under the impression you wouldn't be able to pay cash for tickets on the stadium site due to the planning regulations.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Quite. But it's possible that is what he is referring to is the ticket office in Queens Road.

Maybe.

I just hope that there will be a Ticket Office/Booths at the Ground where the casual fan, who has no swipe card/membership etc can turn up and buy a ticket on the day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was under the impression you wouldn't be able to pay cash for tickets on the stadium site due to the planning regulations.

quite

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Indeed, it may not be the choice of the club, but at least they could make the situation clear - it's obvious from this thread, that many people are confused, including me

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I casn understand the planning restrictions in regards to Withers and the fear that there would be marauding fans who couldn't get in and thus left wandering around a residential area. This should not be the case with falmer.

I also understand why the club want to go to the modern, cashless, system yet a ticket office would serve a purpose, for the casual fan, as regulars will not want to be queuong for ages to get a ticket then have to go to the turnstyle. We've seen this at many grounds.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
You don't have a bank account ? none of my business but why the hell not

If its none of your business, then why ask:lolol: Don't mind you asking though,I have had one, but due to number of personal reasons I am in the process of a DRO, similar to bankruptcy.I have been advised to open a new account elsewhere for direct debits/standing orders but the cards facility is only for ATM withdrawal and bank deposits....part two of my life story to follow upon request:thumbsup:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
To not have a ticket office at the ground would be absolute insanity and it would definitely impact on attendances. Some fans, both home, away and neutral, much prefer to simply turn up on the day and buy tickets. Plenty of fans do not want to be/ are not on the clubs books and this would mean they are less likely to watch a game.

Also, the students at the two universities would probably not want to be a member of the club but may want to watch a game, which should be encouraged. This is why a ticket office at the ground is vital.

Think of all the fans on here that much prefer going to an away game and buying on the day. To be able to do so at the ground would make things so much easier for everyone.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To not have a ticket office at the ground would be absolute insanity and it would definitely impact on attendances. Some fans, both home, away and neutral, much prefer to simply turn up on the day and buy tickets. Plenty of fans do not want to be/ are not on the clubs books and this would mean they are less likely to watch a game.

Also, the students at the two universities would probably not want to be a member of the club but may want to watch a game, which should be encouraged. This is why a ticket office at the ground is vital.

Think of all the fans on here that much prefer going to an away game and buying on the day. To be able to do so at the ground would make things so much easier for everyone.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There probably wont but like Mr Tub says they should sell tickets at the museum/cafe.

Or have the Southend/Millwall arrangement where you buy a ticket from the club shop/booth that just happens to be right next to the ground.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
*squelchy, tearing sound of old semi-healed wounds being re-opened*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here