Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cashless Stadium?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I see in response to a question on ATC regarding paying by Cash/Card etc Insider has replied...

"No - we will take cash at the ticket office. "

I assume that means you can turn up at Falmer, without a ticket (having used the Park and Ride) and Buy a Ticket 'on the day' (obviously not at the turnstile) at a Ticket office atthe ground.

Good News if we are to attract the casual/floating fan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're assuming that the Ticket Office will be at the ground.

Where has that been said?

It would make sense that a ticket office will be at the ground. The club has just had approval for a cafe and museum to be operate at the ground throughout the week, would seem daft to then not have a facility for people to then go and buy a match ticket for a forth coming game.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It would make sense that a ticket office will be at the ground. The club has just had approval for a cafe and museum to be operate at the ground throughout the week, would seem daft to then not have a facility for people to then go and buy a match ticket for a forth coming game.

Exactly.

I realise that you will not be able to pay at the turnstile, but IMO it's important that the casual fan can turn up, on the day and pay cash for a ticket, at the ticket office, at the GROUND.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another scenario if the ticket office is at the ground is for fans that are on the database to reserve a ticket online or by phone 3 or 4 days in advance of the match and pay cash on the day , technically they have pre-booked a ticket and are not paying on the day so to speak.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Exactly.

I realise that you will not be able to pay at the turnstile, but IMO it's important that the casual fan can turn up, on the day and pay cash for a ticket, at the ticket office, at the GROUND.

Lord B reckons the chances of that are zero

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Agreed - It WOULD make 100% sense!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lord B reckons the chances of that are zero

Shame. But IO suppose they'd have to have a smart card with them really.

I do agree that for the casual fan it would be nice to just pay at the ticket office on the day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Shame. But IO suppose they'd have to have a smart card with them really.

I do agree that for the casual fan it would be nice to just pay at the ticket office on the day.

yes BUT that is the whole point with football thes edays.

Clubs do not want the "casual fan"

they want season ticket holders, they want corporates, they want to know who you are, your address, your car reg number, your email address so they can send marketting stuff to you.

The casual " ill turn up for a game" is an anathema in todays corporate fooball world!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
yes BUT that is the whole point with football thes edays.

Clubs do not want the "casual fan"

they want season ticket holders, they want corporates, they want to know who you are, your address, your car reg number, your email address so they can send marketting stuff to you.

And they can ban you if necessary....:eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And they can ban you if necessary....:eek:

yes because when you buy a ticket on line, they have your details.

Its a conspiricy....I blame Thatcher

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I see in response to a question on ATC regarding paying by Cash/Card etc Insider has replied...

"No - we will take cash at the ticket office. "

I assume that means you can turn up at Falmer, without a ticket (having used the Park and Ride) and Buy a Ticket 'on the day' (obviously not at the turnstile) at a Ticket office atthe ground.

Good News if we are to attract the casual/floating fan.

I think the phrase "cashless" only refers to match days, so people don't use cash at turnstiles.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Well they love a bit of cash on the day at South Coast Club, in fact it's the only way they will let you purchase a ticket on the day. Then there's Swindon, Villa, etc. etc.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Haven't the club said you will be able to buy a ticket at the park n ride sites? Of did I imagine that

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Haven't the club said you will be able to buy a ticket at the park n ride sites? Of did I imagine that

I thought we'd said there was going to be ticket booths on the way from the station to the stadium, but we've been over this ground so many times and talked about so many things, I get confused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here