Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cash Crisis at the Albion!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
We havent met eye to eye on previos post's dancin,But your spot on,It would be a pi** take if he rises them,Irrelevant of what div were in.

Oct 25, 2003
sorry, but going back a few pages, when blackwell signed he did not have a long-term injury and was only expected to miss the start of the season., therefore it was fairly wise to give a contract to a very good player, that while he was injured, was only expected to be injured for a short time, soon after this however, he got injured again (the currect injury) which will keep him out until march.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Some people are never happy !!!!

FG & co are always complaining that DK needs to get more money into the club but when he does it turns into a claim that the club are bust - what a load of bollocks !!!!!!!!!!!!

As always it comes to living within your means - the club are by getting FBS to invest more money and possibly raising season ticket prices again.

FG - the reason Crawley wasn't used was because Crawley Council said no. Hardly the clubs fault.

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
gulldenboy said:
I dont know what planet you are from but the likes of Hammond Marney and Virgo are on nowhere near that sort of money AND i AM NOT GUESSING like you I know.
I can't speak for the other 2 but I know Marney isn't on 500. He's on less full-time at Brighton than he could get part-time at Crawley. There are, I think, 4 players at Crawley earning more than him and they've all got full-time jobs too.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
All this about a cash crisis makes my point about DK only worrying about Compensation for Coppell instead of trying to keep him all the more plausable doesnt it.

And I posted that the day after SC went and got slagged off for it!

larus

Chapmans is right. Like it or not, the future is Falmer. If we get Falmer (which I very much expect to happen), then I would suggest those of you slagging DK off review his record. If we don't and we go up to Div 1, how long can we stay there for?

What team/club did he take over?
1. One struggling to stay in the football league, with a previous owner that had fleeced the club.
2. Very poor team.
3. Playing 'home' games in Gillingham.

What has he delivered to date.
1. Sound finances (within the constraints of limited capacity/high running costs of Withdean.)
2. A home 'ground' in Brighton.
3. Div 3/Div 2 championships.
4. A good planning application/hearing (not withstanding a few hiccups) for a new stadium, and all the costs that have one on this.

Oh shit, is that all. DK out, DK out. :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Fatboy Slim has made a donation.

There is nothing to suggest that Dick Knight asked him to.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
larus said:
Chapmans is right. Like it or not, the future is Falmer. If we get Falmer (which I very much expect to happen), then I would suggest those of you slagging DK off review his record. If we don't and we go up to Div 1, how long can we stay there for?

What team/club did he take over?
1. One struggling to stay in the football league, with a previous owner that had fleeced the club.
2. Very poor team.
3. Playing 'home' games in Gillingham.

What has he delivered to date.
1. Sound finances (within the constraints of limited capacity/high running costs of Withdean.)
2. A home 'ground' in Brighton.
3. Div 3/Div 2 championships.
4. A good planning application/hearing (not withstanding a few hiccups) for a new stadium, and all the costs that have one on this.

Oh shit, is that all. DK out, DK out. :lolol:
Since when does a chairman win us 2 championships mmmm.
Yes the past was bleak,but that is the past and its time to stop blabbing on about it.
1,dick wasn't the chairman during hereford,also the cracks are visible know sadly.
2,yes dick hired adams and thankfully adams no how and crap budget made him a super hero and that he was and also anyone who took over would no that back to brighton is priority.
3,Yes a nasty trip indeed and good ridence!
4,Yes at long last we have got this far,but should it take nearly 10 years to get a stadium mmmmm.

I have respect for dick and also hope he will always be a part of the club in some way.:drink:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If falmer gets the go-ahead lets hope all the
supposed money is in place..nothing would
be worse than a half built stadium....also if its
built on the never/never hopes of a good team
would sail out the window as all the spare money
would be paying off the loans to build it !!!!!!!
ah well even higher season ticket prices then

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
if the club has no money to pay for the players wages how on earth are they going to fund the building of the state of the art stadium costing some 30 million quid ?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
mitch said:
very easy to get money to finance building schemes

for retail parks yes but not football stadiums,and the cost of the building work is going up every day,
then the brighton fans have got to use it??
will it be more than half full

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It can't be that bad, only last week DK was handing out new professional contracts to some of our rising stars.

We know how prudent DK is - I can't believe he would be doing this if we were in the sh1t.

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
It all seems quite positive to me. FBS stuffs some dosh our way :clap: :clap: and then we get a 1.732 million grant:)

The story was such an abysmal piece of journalism, I would say I can't remember seeing such a pathetic attempt to make something out of nothing but that wouldn't be true as The Anus seem to do it on a weekly basis.

There were only two significant quotes in the whole story. One is Slime saying the money was "to keep things ticking over", possibly a poor choice of words but nowhere near saying it was to pay the wage bill, and the second is Dick Knight's quote: "If Norman had not made his pledge the club would have continued to run as normal."

There was absolutely no substance to the story and the only evidence The Anus seems to have that this was anything to do with paying wages is: "Sources suggested his cash injection was partly prompted by concerns about covering the club's December wage bill."

Why can't they name these sources? Why do they consider these sources more significant than a direct quote from the chairman? Why did they put his comment that it had nothing to do with keeping the club going right at the end, and why did they run the headline that FBS had "rescued" the club?

Boycott The Anus, if not because they're deliberately trying to damage the Albion then just for the poor journalism.

xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here