Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cars for the snow. What's surprisingly good?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Grand Vitara pisses on the snow. Slip it into 4 wheel drive for most of the snow covered roads but where it gets really nasty, you can't beat the low ratio 4 wheel drive option.

Only problem is that during the rest of the year it drinks fuel like theres no tomorrow.

and you look like a right queen in it

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
My Martin DB9s has been fine, and does the job. :rolleyes::tosser:

Thread might aswell been titled "what car do you drive" , or "whos got the better car" thread.

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
Nissan X-Trail :thumbsup:

4 wheel drive and high ground clearance, took it up over the Ashdown Forest yesterday which was 'interesting'...

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
Left the car at home this week !!! but broke out the trusty little blue tractor to get me about , Cracking stuff . :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My cars got a handy little button for driving on ice and snow :thumbsup: (Citroen)

- but typical of my luck the gearbox broke just before the snow arrived :tantrum:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Large BMWs, Mercedes and Audis sliding all over the road in Liverpool last week, although they all still thought they owed the place and could ignore speed limits, traffic lights, highway code, traffic signs at will as usual. I took immense pleasure watching them slide slowly sidewise down Mount Pleasant, wheels spinning and engines roaring as I slipped past in a smaller Toyota.

Taxis also a nightmare - has no-one ever told a taxi driver that merely putting on his hazards does not entitle him to stop without any warning in the middle of a main highway, pick up a fare and do a u-turn in the teeth of oncoming traffic during a blizzard when no-one can stop quickly or get out of the way.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Got one of these - Land Rover Series III, 1983. (not this one, but identical in virtually every respect).

Bloody LOVES the snow and ice. The best 4x4 by far.

Attachments

• 1972 LAND ROVER SERIES III.jpg
    1972 LAND ROVER SERIES III.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 120

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
My Fiesta is great fun! It does a great job when I want to go somewhere but as soon as I get into the carpark at work its all over the shop!!

Im loving this weather but Im not sure my handbrake can cope much longer!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
My Fiesta is great fun! It does a great job when I want to go somewhere but as soon as I get into the carpark at work its all over the shop!!

Im loving this weather but Im not sure my handbrake can cope much longer!
:lolol:
I love my handbrake turns, and doing donuts in the work car park :clap2:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
My Audi A4 estate, 1.9TDi auto has been fine. Good heavy oil burning engine over the front wheels has made for good traction. On a couple of steep hills i've had to resort to using a towing gear, but still done the job

low slung Audi A4 Cabriolet is like driving on bald tyres - no grip whatsoever -- too heavy, too low profile

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
If you're one of the cnuts doing drifts in the car park near my car in the Waterfront car park over the past few days i can assure you if you hit it, i will find you and i will KILL you! :wink:

Not me:wink:
Nah, I do it in Asda car park, once I finish my shift. Haven't thought of that car park, might have to give it a try, what car is yours by the way? Just to make sure I don't hit it:wink:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Saab 9-3, despite being from the icy north, is a bit crap.

Coming home from Tescos yesterday I was following a BMW with about 6 inches of snow on the roof, silly cow obviously didn'r think she needed to worry about that flying off onto the following car; Got to the roundabout and she had to brake heavily and the whole lot slid down across her windscreen (knackering her wiper in the process). Me and MRs P drove round her and tootled off, chuckling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here