Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carrick

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
London Irish said:
Good move for England, McClaren needs a long look at how Carrick copes with Champs League football.

i was thinking that

now that carrick will be playing in europe, it wil lgive a much better comparison as to how he compares with lampard and gerrard, and should in theory improve his england chances

Dandyman

In London village.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
Are you happy with losing him Kinky? I thought you rated him. I guess as long as you can replace him, you are laughing all the way to the bank.

for that amount yes - 18 million can get you four players of a decent level - if spent well the money can help us have a better side without Carrick.

It was a telling sign that our squad numbers had no player attached to the number 11 and number 2 shirt.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
£18.6m is insane.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Kinky Gerbils said:
Yeah it seems inflated fees are back - 8.6 for aj and davis is valued at 10

Its not in the real world Kinky, English player's prices are so inflated it's bonkers. I wouldn't mind betting that Spurs could pick up Riquelme for the same price they have let Carrick go at, and carrick isnt on the same planet as Riquelme.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I concur - he is a very good player but ho hum if we wign chimbona and downing I will be happy.

Plus we have JJ, Davids, Tanino - who netted a wonder goal yesterday and Huddlestone who are all good players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here