Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carrick

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Silent Bob said:
In what way?

He was EVERYTHING for Spurs, he made them tick. £15-17m seems a bit high but imo he will grow into a player that is worth that.

Spurs will have to play a bit differently now, they won't be able to get another Carrick style player in, although Huddlestone is a good prospect.

Huddleston is a terrific prospect.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Woody the Seagull said:
Huddleston is a terrific prospect.

Agreed. Saw him play against Birmingham in a pre season friendly and the bloke was CLASS. Absolutely huge as well, built like a brick shit house

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
yep. Centre back or centre mid. Not the most mobile player ever but was very good in the air and had a decent touch when I saw him

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'd say that's poor buy, he's a very good player but not a £16m player. If the rumours are true that Hargreaves can be bought
for around £6m then he'd be a vastly better buy, value-wise and for the sort of player Man U need

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
16 million is very over priced, no more than 10 i wouldnt have paid.
Him and Scholes in central midfield will be very effective im sure.
Ronaldo on the right and Giggs on the left. If they are all fit its a good line up.

Good move for England, McClaren needs a long look at how Carrick copes with Champs League football.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Woody the Seagull said:
I am aware of this.

I didn't say you weren't. I just like big black men. I also like small ginger me to. A Huddlestone/Fraser sandwich would be right up my strasser.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Good move for England, McClaren needs a long look at how Carrick copes with Champs League football.
And a long look at a p45. :down:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Carrick is a totally different style of player to Roy Keane, in no way is this signing a replacement.

He is an excellent player, and If Man Utd get in a quality enforcer alongside him, e.g. Mascherano / Gattuso then they're back in serious title contention.

For Spurs they have Zokora, but I think they still need to replace Carrick with a similar style player to break into the Top 4.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Good deal for all concerned, really - Carrick couldn't really be expected to turn down the chance of Champions League football right here, right now - Manchester United get a quality midfielder whose passing can be sublime and, for all the criticism of his lack of tackling, is one of the best around at winning the ball without needing to lunge in showily. Plus, Spurs get a hell of a lot of money - and profit - on a player who was a joy to watch, but unfortunately, seemed to become too important to our play last year - later on, sides began sussing that if you stifle Carrick you really do stifle Spurs. A bit of a compliment to a defensive midfielder to put two men on him, but it certainly slowed us down - as Carrick would sometimes do himself. Maybe this will allow us to add a little more zip to attacks.

He's no Roy Keane but about as steady and classy a midfielder as United needed and could get. And the Champions League should be a good showcase - or examination - for him and his England hopes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here