Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carrick

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kinky Gerbils said:
To sign for Utd for 16 million today according to press.
With Ruud goin to Real and Benni McCarthy finally signing for a premiership club in Blackburn after being linked with a premiership move every summer for the past TEN years.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He is that indeed shame, but for 16 million we can have a better team with out him than with him if spent right.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Carrick is the type of player that will be an ideal replacement for Keane. Now all they need is three other midfielders and they will be sorted!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
He's a good player but I think United need a Keane style midfield enforcer more than they need Carrick. Someone like Mascherano.....or Oatway:jester:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Redhead said:
Is there more than one Michael Carrick then? Cause the one playing for Tottenham is very very over rated IMO.

Couldn't agree more.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
He certainly isn't worth 16 million. Interesting article in the Mirror today comparing prices of foreign players with that of home grown talent. The fact that West Brom want 10 million for Curtis Davies when Cannavaro repotedly signed for Real for 10-15 million is just ridiculous

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Seems like a step down to me. Going from a club on the up to one steeped in debt, losing players left, right and centre and showing very little to suggest they'll be challenging for honours next season.

Plus he's gonna have to move up North. What a dick

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I'd say £8-10 million is a fair price for Carrick. He has had two good seasons for Spurs, but I also believe he is one of the typical player who people idolize and over-hype. This was all too obvious in the world cup when people were calling for him to be played over Hargreaves, who in my opinion, was the better option. He will do well at Man U, but he is not the answer to their obvious midfield problems.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Redhead said:
Is there more than one Michael Carrick then? Cause the one playing for Tottenham is very very over rated IMO.
In what way?

He was EVERYTHING for Spurs, he made them tick. £15-17m seems a bit high but imo he will grow into a player that is worth that.

Spurs will have to play a bit differently now, they won't be able to get another Carrick style player in, although Huddlestone is a good prospect.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bluejuice said:
Seems like a step down to me. Going from a club on the up to one steeped in debt, losing players left, right and centre and showing very little to suggest they'll be challenging for honours next season.

You are kidding!! Not many players would turn down the chance to play for United, who even if they got relegated would play to more than 50,000 every week and possibly full houses!!

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Silent Bob said:
In what way?

He was EVERYTHING for Spurs, he made them tick. £15-17m seems a bit high but imo he will grow into a player that is worth that.

Spurs will have to play a bit differently now, they won't be able to get another Carrick style player in, although Huddlestone is a good prospect.

His only qualities as a player are his passing and he can run. He cant tackle or mark or head. Not boding well for our wanabe holding midfield general.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He can dribble, his passing is excellent, he dictates a game from midfield. He's not a defender so he doesn't need to mark or head, but he protects the defence well with the positions he takes up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here