Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carpenter

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Luton. When it rain like that the sliding makes up for his lack of speed.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Les Biehn said:
Luton. When it rain like that the sliding makes up for his lack of speed.

He was 'magic' that day. That was quite fun, despite getting well and truly drenched.

"Hose Pipe ban, you're havin' a laugh"

I am sure he can still do a job. We are weak upfront which puts extra pressure on our midfield. The elusive targetman has a knock on effect for the whole team.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Fragmented Badger said:
I prefer to look at it as the continued presence of morons like Carpenter and Hammond in midfield makes it an impossible task for WHOEVER plays upfront - hence my reluctance to criticise any striker over the last few years. Let's be honest, Van Nistelrooy wouldn't score goals in this team:(

Thats just asking for trouble from a certain paddy wannabe.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Fragmented Badger said:
I prefer to look at it as the continued presence of morons like Carpenter and Hammond in midfield makes it an impossible task for WHOEVER plays upfront - hence my reluctance to criticise any striker over the last few years. Let's be honest, Van Nistelrooy wouldn't score goals in this team:(

Sadly, you are right. I don't think Hammond's as bad when he's got someone decent next to him (or just when Carpenter isn't playing), but Carpenter has been hopeless for the past year or so.

Yoda

English & European
Taxi said:
Blackpool at home - its not his fault he was playing in midfield on his own.

Che? ???

He wasn't doing his job. He was meant to be the holding midfielder but continuously strayed forward. The amount of times Wilkins was shouting at him to stay were he was but keep moving forward was alarming.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Carpenter should have been put ou to pasture at least 2yrs ago.
Hammond was ok when scoring goals but know he's getting nowhere near it also makes him a waste of space

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
portslade seagull said:
Hammond was ok when scoring goals but know he's getting nowhere near it also makes him a waste of space

Is that a typo? Was Hammojnd meant to read Lampard???

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Chips didn't play - anything to do with our victory? Or credit to Butters return? Perhaps a bit of both.

Yawn, another thread putting the boot into a senior player, next week we'll be back to Mayo and Butters, shame they played well at the weekend, yeah?

The Millwall sending off has clearly disrupted Chippy's season badly, as he has come back a little rusty but before that he was playing very well, at Forest when he was directing our play excellently and it was the same story in our early wins against Rotherham and the Gills.

We will need him again as we will all our senior players, as the cult of youth on its own will not see us to safety in this division.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
respect London Irish but everytime I've seen Chippy this season he's been bad , against Blackpool was quite possibly as bad as a player can be

Uncle Buck said:
No bullying now lads....

Code for, start it now. Can you extracate yourself from the playground for one day at least?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here