Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Caroline Flack

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
When you have medical treatment, the staff are obliged to ask how you came by your injuries. He didn't want to press charges, but the police/CPS are ordered by the government to get as many domestic violence convictions as possible as it looks good on their figures, so will go ahead with cases with or without the victim's consent.

I would said I fell over or something, would have been a bit embarrassed to admit that a woman half my size had done it.
I would have then gone back to discuss the problems with her.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would said I fell over or something, would have been a bit embarrassed to admit that a woman half my size had done it.

That's why so many male victims are treated badly. He was asleep so not able to defend himself.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

The discussions would have probably gone very well. They always do... until the next time a temper is lost.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Sorry Oz Mike, but that’s personal to you and your circumstances only. It’s also not how the law works in the U.K. as Thunder Bolt has said, the CPS judges cases on battery as it has done here precisely because both men and women in violent relationships are too scared to take action themselves and it’s done in the interests of saving lives from such violence. It’s a shocking statistic like two women every week die from domestic abuse in the U.K. We can’t not take action against individuals because of the threat that people take their own lives rather than face justice. Everyone has to be treated equally, celebrity or not. It’s a tragic situation, not sure how prevent such a death but it is not the CPUs fault on face of things although the witch-hunt is on. It’s just a sad story by looks of things. Feel for the woman’s family and friends.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sorry Oz Mike, but that’s personal to you and your circumstances only. It’s also not how the law works in the U.K. as Thunder Bolt has said, the CPS judges cases on battery as it has done here precisely because both men and women in violent relationships are too scared to take action themselves and it’s done in the interests of saving lives from such violence. It’s a shocking statistic like two women every week die from domestic abuse in the U.K. We can’t not take action against individuals because of the threat that people take their own lives rather than face justice. Everyone has to be treated equally, celebrity or not. It’s a tragic situation, not sure how prevent such a death but it is not the CPUs fault on face of things although the witch-hunt is on. It’s just a sad story by looks of things. Feel for the woman’s family and friends.

If agreements couldn't be made after the conversation I would have left.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I suppose it needs to be said for everyone talking about the case, that the boyfriend doesn't want to press charges, that he disputes the CPS' version of events, and that they are still a couple, although she's banned from seeing him under the terms of her bail

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I suppose it needs to be said for everyone talking about the case, that the boyfriend doesn't want to press charges, that he disputes the CPS' version of events, and that they are still a couple, although she's banned from seeing him under the terms of her bail

It's as if these things can be complicated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's nice a whole wave of a*******s.

Classy.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

That's all well and good, but picture this for a moment.

Police attend a report of a domestic disturbance.

Woman answers the door with a black eye and a fat lip.

Says she doesn't want to press charges, it was an accident, she loves her bf, it was her fault not his etc.

These things seem to look wildly different to people depending on the gender of the perpetrator and the gender of the victim.

They shouldn't.

Remember this guy? Would probably have ended up dead if the police hadn't refused to accept that everything was fine.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1089538/abusive-girlfriend-victim-shows-injuries

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Says she doesn't want to press charges, it was an accident, she loves her bf, it was her fault not his etc.

These things seem to look wildly different to people depending on the gender of the perpetrator and the gender of the victim.

They shouldn't.

Remember this guy? Would probably have ended up dead if the police hadn't refused to accept that everything was fine.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1089538/abusive-girlfriend-victim-shows-injuries

Just surmising, who knows what would have happened, I don't, they might have lived happily ever after or agreed to split, who knows.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

They shouldn't.

Yep, seen this sort of thing happen outside a pub. Before eventually she says but I love him and gets back into the Ferrari.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There is a real issue where if someone is rich or famous people seem to think they are fair game for abuse like in some way one counters the other. I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like reading some of the bile spouted in these people’s directions and these incidents just show how vulnerable people are no matter how rich or famous they may be

I hope that proffesional footballers stay off their fans forums!

Some of the comments about some of our players are shameful.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
looked like a bit of a slapper to me
regards
DF

^

This guy right here. What a trashy, low class comment. Attempting to be funny I suppose but not really smart enough, and not much above 8yr old mentality. Not the first time either.

How is he not perm banned from NSC for this?

Swansman is banned for far far less.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
^

This guy right here. What a trashy, low class comment. Attempting to be funny I suppose but not really smart enough, and not much above 8yr old mentality. Not the first time either.

How is he not perm banned from NSC for this?

Swansman is banned for far far less.

Agreed, the bloke is just an attention seeking fool, thankfully back on Ignore.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
What a sad, sad story in so many ways.

Ignoring the DV aspect to this then it is no stretch of the imagination to see how our society's insatiable appetite for sensationalism and gossip feeds the tabloid press machine and empowers them to go far beyond the acceptable in their pursuit of a story time and time again. Add to this the broken way social media is used in the most vile and unfettered ways to bully, shame, harass and snipe, then it is no surprise that those in the firing line are affected in some of the worst ways possible.

Of course, the DV side to this does raise questions about gender consistency. What is clear to me that whist no case of DV can be tolerated and someone's mental state should not preclude them from facing the consequences of actions that could harm others, the circumstances around it are not the same. From the testimonies of people that knew Caroline Flack I would like to think that she was overall a decent person, someone who needed help and support to overcome her demons, redeemable as we would all like to be. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't but what no one needs is incessant trial by the media and exposure to the vile hatred present on social media. It's easy to say these people love the public eye and should expect it but that's no excuse - no one is totally immune.

Maybe CF was really an evil individual, but somehow I doubt it. I think most of us are fundamentally good people that sometimes do bad things, stupid things, things we regret but sometimes can't help repeating. I just wish we could learn to respect people more and not care so much about what other people do and concentrate on our own behaviour, our own actions then hopefully the world around us would not be a place where some simply cannot face being.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here