Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I guess you guys are becoming our feeder club.

Leeds line up ace Carole
By Phil Hay

Leeds United are set to begin their summer transfer spree after lining up a deal for Brighton midfielder Sebastien Carole.
The young Frenchman, pictured right, is poised to become United's first close-season signing after catching the eye of Kevin Blackwell last season.
United have been in negotiations with Brighton and are still working to finalise an agreement with Carole, but the winger is expected to complete his transfer before the start of pre-season training on July 3.

From today Evening Post. They are usually spot on with transfer news for us.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Nope, it's just that little bit. Says the full story will be in tonight's issue.

Carole's end product is not good enough, but his dribbling skills were one of the few highlights of last season. £500k and I'd be satisfied.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
hmmm, would be an asset in league 1, but seemed to give up half way though the season

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I can't imagine his relegation release clause (someone definitely said he had one) would be that much to be honest... :nono:

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not a massive loss really, Id have Frutos over him every day of the week. Carole is brillant for dribbling and skills but has no end product at all and has the tendancy to try and beat the same player four times.

EDIT: Allthough he is better than the last palyer you got from us.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
:angry: he could of been a real flair player in league 1 , we wont see the cash and he wont be replaced . 25 / 1 looks a bit optimistic

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dougal said:
:angry: he could of been a real flair player in league 1 , we wont see the cash and he wont be replaced . 25 / 1 looks a bit optimistic

He would have been cut in half on a weekly basis and on League 1 pitches its very hard to play that sort of game he plays. At the end of last season when the pitches had cut up you could see that he couldn't cope.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Shame as he could have been electric in League One, but if I'm honest I never expected him to be staying.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
DAMANCLAY said:
He would have been cut in half on a weekly basis and on League 1 pitches its very hard to play that sort of game he plays. At the end of last season when the pitches had cut up you could see that he couldn't cope.

it aint sunday league mate , theres still good grounds with good pictches ,

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dougal said:
it aint sunday league mate , theres still good grounds with good pictches ,

Quite true but the pitches cut up a hell of alot quicker, I dont think he could cope with how physical it is aswell.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
DAMANCLAY said:
Quite true but the pitches cut up a hell of alot quicker, I dont think he could cope with how physical it is aswell.

Leon coped. If this is true, then I think it is a big loss to us, game wise. But the money (??) might well come in handy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here