Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole and Westlake released

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Same, it always felt as though he had a fifth gear that we weren't seeing, and perhaps may not even have been there!

Superbly put ! :thumbsup:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Carole should take preference over Westlake but if can afford them both then great.

If we sign Carole and a competent back-up striker before the transfer window closes then we have the potential to walk this league.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm not that sure that Carole would be a good addition to the squad, unless he has finally worked out how to cross the ball rather than run towards the touchline and then end up not really do anything after that, (as he used to do the last time he was here).

Westlake never impressed me or even what he would bring that we lack - I have no idea why he is rated so highly by some.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
I'm not that sure that Carole would be a good addition to the squad, unless he has finally worked out how to cross the ball rather than run towards the touchline and then end up not really do anything after that, (as he used to do the last time he was here).

Westlake never impressed me or even what he would bring that we lack - I have no idea why he is rated so highly by some.

because he was good for us in a higher league.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Carole was a frustrating player to watch, could beat the same man 2 or 3 times and then fail to put a cross in. Irratating to say the least. Wouldn't be able to push McLeod of Cox out of the first 11.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i'd be happy to see either back
i thought westlake gave us another dimension last season,although not an winger as such could run with the ball,score goals and really added something to the team

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
If we get both of them we'll win the League, Westlake is more likely as Carole is still on trial at Le Havre I think

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Neither thanks. We need someone who can cross and someone who can create and from past experience neither of these fit the bill.

Agree with that 100%

Carole was lost in far too many games and was all tricks and no end product.

Westlake will not add anything we don't already have.

If there is any money about would rather wages were spent on a back up striker which I think is a priority as Forster will not be able to play every game as the season progresses

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Carole, more often than not, had nobody to pass the ball to who had a clue what to do with it so often had to try to beat three men before anyone was in a position to receive the ball in an advantageous position. I'd love to see him playing with Forster and Murray.

The little I saw of Westlake did not impress me at all.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Neither of these players are better than what we have, and are limited in the positions they play.

No to both for me, rather have someone who can come in and be able to play wide or as a striker when required.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd take either or both of them back if the conditions were acceptable to us.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
what has happened to Barry Lloyd? Surely he has uncovered an irish/romanian gem that can be played on the wing and up top. Big and burly but skillfull and quick? Things seem to have gone quiet since his capturing of Dixon (and Murray - hat off Barry for Glenn).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would definitely have Westlake back. Would be a good option providing competition on the left and centre of midfield.

Carole flattered to deceive but, at a level down, he might be worth looking at.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I don't mean to be difficult, but can someone explain to me exactly what Westlake did for the team...

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
He put some good crosses in, scored a couple of goals and now would provide a better option to compete with Cox and McLeod than Robinson or Loft.

Yeah, I agree he's better then Loft and Robinson, but in my opinion that isn't hard - which is why, as I say, I don't mind him getting paid middle of the road, but surely he'll want to be at the top end of our wage structure...worth it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here