Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole and Westlake released

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Signing Carole would finally put an end to having to watch Jake Robinson flatter to decieve so I'm all for it!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
And then when he did cross some goon like Hammond would put it over the bar.

Really pisses me off the dissing of Carole, he was quality but it's become NSC lore that there was no end product which is utter rubbish

Are you saying that Carole always crossed the ball and it was the fault of the other players for not scoring and therefore made him look bad?

- I seem to recall that 9 times of of 10 he headed for the touchline when in space and had time, only to slow it down soo much that all their defenders got back, and our players had to head over to the within 10 feet of him for him to be able to pass the ball, and by doing this, we ended up with no one in the middle.

Though it did help Frutos out, cos he was left in so much space that on the rare occasion he did get the ball he could actually cross it into the danger area.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our squad is lightweight as regards wingers and attacking midfielders. Both would improve the squad, but wages MUST be a sticking point here.

If Leeds were to offer to swap both for Lynch I'd take it.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Were you at Walsall last March? Westlake was outstanding that night. He has a telepathic understanding with Matt Richards. They combined well down the left.

no but i was at many other games where he played poorly. just didn't seem too comfortable on the wing in my eyes

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Our squad is lightweight as regards wingers and attacking midfielders. Both would improve the squad, but wages MUST be a sticking point here.

If Leeds were to offer to swap both for Lynch I'd take it.

I'd never let the family silver go that cheap !

We certainly are lightweight in the attacking midfield and winger department though. As I've said before, missed a trick in the summer in Danny Whitaker if we failed to even put in a bid for him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure Joel Lynch is what I'd call "family silver". He's a decent prospect but should be delivering regularly just like Elphick, but he isn't. Now Adams has brought in hardened pros Lynch has some real competition so we'll see what he's made of.

I don't have a problem in selling the "family silver" provided the club can move forward as it did after we offloaded Virgo, Harding and Hammond. It's nice if half the team is locally produced but this usually only happens when a team is cash-strapped and struggling.

There can be a tendency for local players made good to take the piss on their contract because they know there is pressure on the board from fans for them to stay. This should not get in the way of sensible negotiations; I'm sure Harding would agree and Lynch should take note.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
westlake is hanging on for some reason known only to himself depsite knowing just how unwanted at leeds he is. but carole has shred his contract this afternoon and is available for nowt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here