Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlton Palmer

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
You may stand down Mr Palmer, as we have a new contender for worst player to wear an England shirt...

I give you Owen Hargreaves.

Out of position or not, he's dire...

I was more suprised to see HIM make the squad rather than Walcott's inclusion.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No Crouch takes that by a mile

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
He was poor today, but I feel a bit sorry for him - he's a holding midfielder. Why play him as right back? What would people have said if we'd have played Carrick there?

I think he might do a Paul Scholes after the World Cup and just give up.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
If we are going to keep selecting him then he must be given a chance to play in his position.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
DJ Leon said:
He was poor today, but I feel a bit sorry for him - he's a holding midfielder. Why play him as right back? What would people have said if we'd have played Carrick there?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Spot on yes he was shit tonight, but he isnt a right back, he has played there, but Dion Dublin has played centre half, you wouldn't play him there for England.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hargreaves could score in the world cup final and still be called shit.

How much of him have we seen of him this year to make that judgement? Munich seem to rate him.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
We only picked in the first place, to stop the Germans having him.
The times i've seen him, they were welcome to him:D

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Hargreaves is in the squad for his ability to speak German - somebody has to get the Lucozade from the local supermarkets.

:lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Has anyone ever seen Hargreaves actually play in his holding midfield role for England, he always seems to come on out of position and normally when we are chasing a game. He should be coming on when we need to kill off a game and he can disrupt the other teams flow and help take the pressure off the back 4.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Was at the game last night and he was shocking. Did not want the ball and his touch was poor. To be fair he should get a game in his preferred posistion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DJ Leon said:

I think he might do a Paul Scholes after the World Cup and just give up.

exactly.

When AJ played for England, the swede played him out right and ended up right side of midfield.

Why do international managers play players out of position...I dont understand it at all. That Charlton bloke is a left full back...why not play him?

Its a nonsence

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
FamilyGuy said:
Hargreaves is in the squad for his ability to speak German - somebody has to get the Lucozade from the local supermarkets.

:lolol:

...and somebody needs to remember where they are going. Baden Baden, one too many words to remember for the likes of Rio and Ashley.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I must admit in my world cup squad announcment fury I lumped Hargreaves in because of some dodgy performances. But I do actually think he looks a fairly decent player in the holding role (at least he can tackle unlike Carrick). RB is not his position.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Jam The Man said:
You may stand down Mr Palmer, as we have a new contender for worst player to wear an England shirt...

I give you Owen Hargreaves.

Out of position or not, he's dire...

I was more suprised to see HIM make the squad rather than Walcott's inclusion.

How many times have you seen him play 90 minutes in his proper position?

I have a German friend who watches loads of German football and he reckons he is a fantastic player. One of the best in Germany.

I'm not having a go, just saying that I dont think it is fair to judge him on what we have seen him do for England. He must be doing something right at Bayern, they love him there and they are a decent side.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Palmer was the worst ever England player - FACT

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Full back is the easiest position on the pitch to play. If someone is good enough to play in central midfield, they should at least make a decent fist of playing full back. Hargreaves didn't, FACT.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Owen Hargreaves. Bayern Munich first team choice. Worst player to ever play for England. I am afraid it does not make sense. I have not seen enough of him - but I suspect you are out on your own on this one Jam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here