Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlton Cole

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Lukaku just turned down a move to a Bundesliga 1 club if I recall rightly....
Because he wants to establish himself in England.
He's said he wants to play more football this season, with Chelsea or on loan. With Drogba leaving he's moved up the pecking order but still behind Torres and Sturridge and I don't know if Chelsea are still wanting Hulk.

I can't believe no lower Prem clubs would take him on loan, but we may have a couple of things to offer they don't, firstly guaranteed regular football, secondly the Gus connection and they know he's going to be in good hands here.

It's pretty unlikely we're going to get Lukaku but not totally impossible imo.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
I highly rate Lukaku, he'd destroy the Championship but could definitely play for a lower level premier league side. Look at Sturridge, made a good name for himself at Bolton and now is a valued member of the squad. The only POSITIVES I can see for Brighton is the RDM/Gus link, the fact we beat them (it shows we aren't shit) and our playing style.

Would be delighted if true and for me would be the final piece of the jigsaw.

From reports ive heard though Carroll doesn't want to go to West Ham, he's holding out for a move back to Newcastle, so that might scupper the deal.

From what I've heard from my sources, Carroll going back to Newcastle would prove very unpopular with the players on Tyneside. Him and Nolan were hated in the dressing room up there, and apparently a number of players have already said they will quit the club if they bring him back in, whilst others will give him the silent treatment if he returns.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I have a feeling our new striker is going to be a lot more special than Carlton cole

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
I'm not one for posting rumours but I've been told by a good friend who has heard from a reliable source within the club that we are on the verge of completing a deal for Carlton Cole from West Ham.

The only thing holding up the deal is the imminent arrival of Andy Carrol on loan from Liverpool, as soon as that deal is completed West Ham will allow Cole to leave.

Take this as you wish, I have no time for the bullshitters and some people who pluck transfer news out the sky, but I genuinely believe this deal will happen.

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted elsewhere.

I heard exactly the same thing on Saturday.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Big Sam has said it looks like any loan deal for Carroll is off.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Big Sam has said it looks like any loan deal for Carroll is off.

If that's correct, then the Carlton Cole deal is dead in the water.

I was told catergorically it would only be happening if the Andy Carrol deal was completed. Bugger.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Carlton is a bit of an enigma... can be brilliant (was v good against us at Wet Sham last season), but can also drift out of games... however, I would be v pleased if he signed for us...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Looking at Saturdays performance I think Chelsea should be looking to take some of our players on loan not the other way around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here