Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlisle United v Brighton & Hove Albion (Official Thread)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He was mentioned literally three times in 90 minutes this afternoon! Fire in belly? Yes. Talent? No. It really is frustrating to see one position letting an ok team down so badly.

I like the lad. Never saw him today, but every time I've seen him, he's been snapping at ankles, rattling the oppostion, like, say, Charlie Oatway used to. And like Charlie Oatway, he's currently a bit short on the skill to match his commitment. But he's definitely getting there. IMHO like.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He irritates me big time, but I will say one thing in his favour, and that is the players he plays with. Maybe, and it is just a maybe, Fraser would look alright if we had someone skilful and attacking alongside him, leaving Fraser the defensive duties only. As it is, we play him with Thomson, Martot, El Abd etc who are just as defensive as he is!

I'm not a big fan of Thomson, if that helps :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How can you properly judge him until you've seen him play alongside someone with an ounce of skill?

Huh? :shrug:

I've seen Doug Loft play alongside someone with an ounce of skill. I've seen Joe Gatting play alongside someone with an ounce of skill. I've even seen Molango and Turienzo play alongside someone with an ounce of skill. Do you see where this is leading... ?

I think you're being a bit harsh there, we musn't forget that these are 3rd division players - how good do we expect them to be?

That depends on what you want from The Albion doesn't it - if you want and are happy with low-to-mid-table football from low-to-mid-table 3rd division players, then you must be very happy with things as they are.
You might spot that this thread is mostly contributed to, by people who are NOT satisfied with that. Are they all "being a bit harsh" to expect or hope for better from the club and team?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Two things happend today within a minuite. One we took of Fraser (yes i am a fan, and I think he has class), and we then started to play "The Diamond" which the players do not understand.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
just read the match report - sounds like murray was our most guilty party in not taking chances today

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good question. What do you think?

My opinion is that this is a piss-poor league and we should be able to reach the top 6 of it fairly easily. I also thought last season was then one we were supposed to write off as a learning curve, and we'd see the results this season. In my opinion, attendances reveal just how happy people are with things. 4000 people will turn up each week next season if we are 12th again, 7000 people will turn up if we're in the top 4 or 5. It's up to the club what they want.

Now is DEFINITELY the time to nail down further key players and avoid an O'Callaghan/Savage situation. Summer should spell the end for some players that are surplus to requirements and we must make assured efforts to sign the right players and avoid relying on the loan system. I have been a fan of it in the past, as we have seen better players than we could have hoped for as they would/will not sign permanently. It can't be easy for the team/management when things are chopping and changing so much.

We need to bite the bullet NOW and pull up some trees in the next transfer window.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He was mentioned literally three times in 90 minutes this afternoon! Fire in belly? Yes. Talent? No. It really is frustrating to see one position letting an ok team down so badly.

Utter utter crap.

I tend to agree with a lot of what you say but Fraser has been getting better as the season goes on.

He was the only midfielder that turned up against Orient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here