Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlisle United v Brighton & Hove Albion (Official Thread)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
13-4 for on target shots and SCR say we can take positives from an excellent performance

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
so that will be no shots on target in the second half as far as I can remember

Overall I don't think Carlisle have sounded like they were anything to beat. It shows how poor this league is when a team like that can do so well. The middle of our midfield is weak and our strikers miss instead of score chances. That's the difference between being 2nd and 12th.

The middle of our midfield?
You identified the weak area, but I really think the whole midfield should share the lack-of-spoils. Thomson isn't very good, Fraser never was, (Westlake I haven't seen enough of) and Martot isn't enigmatic enough in stamping any authority over his position.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Is that who the summariser is? I wondered why he was spouting so much rubbish.

Anyway, we had to win 7 and draw 3 out of 13 before today, now it's out of 12. I think we need to WIN at Walsall and get at least a point at home next week.

:notgonnahappen:

I dunno, they lost at home to a very ordinary Northampton team today so I reckon we can have 'em. On the other hand after losing at home today they may be well up for it on Tuesday.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The middle of our midfield?
You identified the weak area, but I really think the whole midfield should share the lack-of-spoils. Thomson isn't very good, Fraser never was, (Westlake I haven't seen enough of) and Martot isn't enigmatic enough in stamping any authority over his position.

I think you're being a bit harsh there, we musn't forget that these are 3rd division players - how good do we expect them to be?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Oh well, I think most of us expected to come away from there with at the most a draw so I don't think it has effected our play off chances much.

I'm not too downhearted.

A shot on target or two would be nice though :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here