Carl Asaba

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Kinky Gerbils said:
Carl Asaba
Real name Carl Asaba

Do they expect him to have some sort of alter-ego like Thierry Henry??

:salute:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
erm...has anyone actually seen him play recently? He's old, slow and overweight.

In other words, just the sort of player Mr Magoo would sign.

Yes his strike rate was good, but FFS so was Paul Kitson's when he wasn't too old and past it!

If this is true, its just a ruse to try and keep McGhee in a job so that the more gullible will give him some more time to take us to League 2!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
supaseagull said:
erm...has anyone actually seen him play recently? He's old, slow and overweight.

Hmm, reminds me of something someone said about Revell. About him being a waste of shirt, how right they were about that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
About the best we can realistically expect imo. If he was younger and not a gamble we'd have no chance of signing him. There are plenty of other clubs at this level who are much more desirable than us, most of you are setting your sights too high, as MM has been doing for two years.

Will this signing possibly leave some money over for proper full backs? I doubt it :down:

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I predict a Paul Kitson, Jason Dodd type of season for Asaba if he signs - always in Malcombs treatment room

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As long as it was pay as you play then I dont see a problem.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
As long as it was pay as you play then I dont see a problem.

Have we got the skill/foresight to negotiate that kind of contract?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Stinky Kat said:

Probably not after all it isnt like we have had these problems before is it!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stinky Kat said:

I don't know. I've never seen a professional footballers contract, let alone one for a BHA player. Have you ?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
No, but if Asaba has say dodgy knees and we fancy chancing him we could give him a contract of employment based on a fee for each game he plays or his fitness then we doint fork out £2000 a week for a player to sit on his arse and end up getting the buckets out cause we are skint at Xmas.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Jury is still out on Revell

Still out on Albion fans expectations this season as well

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stinky Kat said:
No, but if Asaba has say dodgy knees and we fancy chancing him we could give him a contract of employment based on a fee for each game he plays or his fitness then we doint fork out £2000 a week for a player to sit on his arse and end up getting the buckets out cause we are skint at Xmas.

Blimey that's clever. Perhaps you should suggest it though 'Ask the Club'. They might not have considered it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Jury is still out on Revell

He still isn't as shit as someone made out is he. I quite like him as a player may not have the most talent in our squad but always give 150%. Would rather have a team of Alex Revell's than CKR's and Leon Knight's

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Could we at least not give him a chance, IF he signs, he might be one for the future?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Titanic said:
Blimey that's clever. Perhaps you should suggest it though 'Ask the Club'. They might not have considered it.

Just like they did with Roberts,Kitson, Dodd, Piercy, Blackwell and Rodger you mean?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
About the best we can realistically expect imo. If he was younger and not a gamble we'd have no chance of signing him. There are plenty of other clubs at this level who are much more desirable than us, most of you are setting your sights too high, as MM has been doing for two years.

Will this signing possibly leave some money over for proper full backs? I doubt it :down:

Not sure we are in the bottom bracket of clubs this time. Other than Forest and maybe Swansea and at a push Bristol City, we are pretty much up there as one of the more high profile clubs in this league.

You argument held some weight last season, but not in League One.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Nothing wrong with Rodger, Roberts or Piercy when they signed contracts.

You cannot legislate for Piercy getting a disease or for Rodger doing his knee during a game.

Dont think there was anything wrong with Dodd either, was there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here