Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carl Asaba

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
DAMANCLAY said:
Dont think there was anything wrong with Dodd either, was there?

he spent most of his last season at Southampton crocked but did pass his Albion medical and then played 6 or so games

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Dont think there was anything wrong with Dodd either, was there?

Certainly if you look at his appearance record over the years it would suggest he was not injury plagued.

Blackwell we were overly loyal to and Kitson was just wrong, but the others you cannot legislate for. Simon Rodger did his knee going for a tackle during a game at the Smoggies, you can hardly blame anyone for that, just one of those things.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Not sure we are in the bottom bracket of clubs this time. Other than Forest and maybe Swansea and at a push Bristol City, we are pretty much up there as one of the more high profile clubs in this league.

You argument held some weight last season, but not in League One.

Doncaster
Blackpool
Millwall
Huddersfield

and a few others have either money or half decent stadium that we can only talk about. Nothing to do with the manager just the fact that this club is on a precipice with all the shit going down about Falmer. As an outsider I'd sign for all the above clubs and consider Leyton Orient :)angry: ) as being a better club to join in our current prediciment.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Doncaster
Blackpool
Millwall
Huddersfield

and a few others have either money or half decent stadium that we can only talk about. Nothing to do with the manager just the fact that this club is on a precipice with all the shit going down about Falmer. As a neutral i'd sign for all the above clubs and consider Leyton Orient :)angry: ) as being a better club to join

Sorry do not agree.

As long as we are offering the going terms (the club claims there is money), professionals are not going to overly care as long as the cash goes into their account every month.

Sadly your excuse held some weight last season as we could not compete financially, but this season we are on a more level playing field.

There is another factor...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Stinky Kat said:
he spent most of his last season at Southampton crocked but did pass his Albion medical and then played 6 or so games

Then got a fairly bad back injury in a game. Dont think it was a long running injury.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Sorry do not agree.

As long as we are offering the going terms (the club claims there is money), professionals are not going to overly care as long as the cash goes into their account every month.

Sadly your excuse held some weight last season as we could not compete financially, but this season we are on a more level playing field.

I have my doubts that we are offering the going terms.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Nothing wrong with Rodger, Roberts or Piercy when they signed contracts.

You cannot legislate for Piercy getting a disease or for Rodger doing his knee during a game.

Roberts had a patch history with injury, as did piercy in his first year.
maybe a little unfair on Rodger

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Doncaster and Blackpool couldnt even pay wages a few seasons back, and the latter's ground looks like shit and may never be finished.

Some clubs in this division cant even afford training facilities so use public parks and come changed in their cars

But we are ALWAYS worse off that everyone else....

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Icy Gull said:
I have my doubts that we are offering the going terms.

I cant name names, but I have it on good authority that our terms are competitive.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Roberts had a patch history with injury, as did piercy in his first year.
maybe a little unfair on Rodger

Piercy had been a regular in Spurs reserves before we signed him.

Roberts had been fairly injury free for the 2 seasons before we signed him, look how much time he spent out on loan.

Blackwell was the one we were overly loyal with and Kitson, well it did look bad by us.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Uncle Buck said:
Sorry do not agree.

(hits head in recognition) the fact that we do not have forks at 'the Withdean'?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Even more so when the club said they match Dichio's wages

Show me a quote from the SELLING club that states we have matched the terms and I'll take my comments back then. Everything we have been told has come from the Albion or the Argus as far as I remember.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Show me a quote from the SELLING club that states we have matched the terms and I'll take my comments back then. Everything we have been told has come from the Albion or the Argus as far as I remember.

So you are saying DK and MM lie to the fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here