Carjacking scam.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
WARNING FROM POLICE
THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN
BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--
NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine put it into reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.
When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically run you over as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.
So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, lock your doors and just drive away.
Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you
read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women.
A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.
Please tell all your friends

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If you got this by email, IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Don't bother passing on "pass this on!" scare stories about viruses, scams, etc. They in themselves are the scams.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
WARNING FROM POLICE

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine put it into reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.
When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically run you over as they speed off in your car.

So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, lock your doors and just drive away.
read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women.
A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Not a new scheme, heard about this over a year ago and yes, it does happen

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
There has been a lot of car theft / jackings here in Spain where the owner who is selling meets the supposed buyer & goes for a test drive, whilst the buyer sits in the car asks the owner to hold a hanky over the exhaust to check emissions etc the buyer just floors it & drives off. Sounds too simple to get caught out with but you'd be surprised.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
WARNING FROM POLICE

PG
Bit of advice for you Junior!!
Avoid falling for this scam.
Drive a car that is worth fu@k all!
Not only that but move to one of the estates locally. If you know what I mean. ???

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
So they cant car jack a convertable with the roof down then:wink:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If you had to reverse out of the space... then surely you'd see the piece of paper as you waled up to the car... if you had to drive out of the space.. the piece of paper wouldn't be obstructing your view so you'd drive off happily anyway..

is it just me????

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If you got this by email, IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Don't bother passing on "pass this on!" scare stories about viruses, scams, etc. They in themselves are the scams.

Wow some people just are grumpy ol`feckers......

Someone offers some advise or a warning, and people like you think its an insult or a crime within itself.........

things like this do happen, and i kinda hope it happens to you someday now.

if you dont agree with it, just forget it you gaylord. :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands."

Gee, thanks for pointing that out. I'm sure it would never have occurred otherwise.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's all american bollocks anyway, nobody really does car jacking over here do they?

If a few scrotes off the estate want to nick a car then they just find a parked Nova and brick the window.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I always reverse into parking spaces, its so much easier to get in and then just drive out again. Dont understand why people spend five minutes going in and out frontwards to line it up right.

Also where is the warning about manbags on the front seat

"THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN"

But how can this be true, surely men don't have purses? Or are these no good scroundrels also after our manbags? If so then I think this should be specified in the mail also for clarity.

(Edit: Having just seen Gazwag's post above this is clearly an issue that needs addressing.)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What if you don't have a vehicle (presumably after getting traumatised hitting all those defenceless bats)? Does it still apply to you and do you still have to pass it on?

We have to know these things.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
These scams DO happen , i was caught out recently at my local sainsbury's, here's how the scam works, two seriously good looking young girls , roughly about 20/21 come over to your car as you are packing your shopping, they start wiping your windscreen with a cloth and soapy water, they are wearing seriously skimpy vests with their tits almost falling out, its impossible not to look,when you offer them a tip , they say no and instead ask for a lift to the local mcdonalds, whilst en-route one of them climbs in the front seat and starts undressing, while the other one steals your wallet while you're distracted, i was caught out THREE times last week.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
these scams do happen , i was caught out recently at my local sainsbury's, here's how the scam works, two seriously good looking young girls , roughly about 20/21 come over to your car as you are packing your shopping, they start wiping your windscreen with a cloth and soapy water, they are wearing seriously skimpy vests with their tits almost falling out, its impossible not to look,when you offer them a tip , they say no and instead ask for a lift to the local mcdonalds, whilst en-route one of them climbs in the front seat and starts undressing, while the other one steals your wallet while you're distracted, i was caught out three times last week.

fffffffff....

These scams DO happen , i was caught out recently at my local sainsbury's, here's how the scam works, two seriously good looking young girls , roughly about 20/21 come over to your car as you are packing your shopping, they start wiping your windscreen with a cloth and soapy water, they are wearing seriously skimpy vests with their tits almost falling out, its impossible not to look,when you offer them a tip , they say no and instead ask for a lift to the local mcdonalds, whilst en-route one of them climbs in the front seat and starts undressing, while the other one steals your wallet while you're distracted, i was caught out THREE times last week.

Does this scam apply TO BOTH MEN AND WOMEN though? You didn't specify. Come on people, we really need to tighten up on this sort of sloppyness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here