Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot of the Liverpool fans won't be able to see their captain lift the trophy because of Sky's ridiculous 4.30pm kick-off. So its sleeping on Euston Station tonight for them. How considerate.

TV companies/football authorities gave up caring about supporters years ago.

Best to book PremierInn or similar for these events.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A lot of the Liverpool fans won't be able to see their captain lift the trophy because of Sky's ridiculous 4.30pm kick-off. So its sleeping on Euston Station tonight for them. How considerate.

Why, last train to Liverpool is 21.28.?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, they've laid on a 'late special'. However, with around approximately 10,000 fans trying to get back to Scouseland I don't see them all getting on.

Why not just have a traditional 3pm cup final? Or maybe I'm just getting old? :down:

Madness.

It’s not like it would’ve clashed with another Sky event eg a F1 GP.

Set as late as possible for US audiences?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, they've laid on a 'late special'. However, with around approximately 10,000 fans trying to get back to Scouseland I don't see them all getting on.

Why not just have a traditional 3pm cup final? Or maybe I'm just getting old? :down:

Oh I agree, I just checked National tail out of interest and there’s a 20.05, 20.35, 21.21, 21.28. Most will be on coaches I would think. Anyway, yes should be 3pm.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
An entertaining game of football, especially since it was 0-0.

The 22 penalty shootout including the keepers topped it all off with high drama and a Kepa-sized twist.

A good advertisement for the English game and a strong reason to keep the League Cup.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Oh I agree, I just checked National tail out of interest and there’s a 20.05, 20.35, 21.21, 21.28. Most will be on coaches I would think. Anyway, yes should be 3pm.

Fair play to National Rail. I had a look at a normal Sunday and they're doing their best tonight.

They won't get back to putting their key in the door until the early hours of a Monday morning though. :eek:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Chelsea. Dirty Russian money and manager is a whining knob.

Is the right Answer.

I've spent the weekend procuring and fitting a new garage door, and building a new frame/panelling to suit . . . Watching the paint dry with a beer as the sun went this afternoon was better than any football I missed.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Felt the same, but decided on Chelsea because Tuchel is a whinging prick.

Not forgetting maybe some justice in the world that the Russian owned club lost. And what a bad decision to sub the keeper. Forget penalty saving stats the momentum and confidence was with Mendy who had played a blinder.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
An entertaining game of football, especially since it was 0-0.

The 22 penalty shootout including the keepers topped it all off with high drama and a Kepa-sized twist.

A good advertisement for the English game and a strong reason to keep the League Cup.

The semi-finals should be one match only though for the team drawn at home to ease a little fixture congestion. Yeah, the League Cup final was good because Citeh weren't in it for once!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Felt the same, but decided on Chelsea because Tuchel is a whinging prick.

Not forgetting maybe some justice in the world that the Russian owned club lost. And what a bad decision to sub the keeper. Forget penalty saving stats the momentum and confidence was with Mendy who had played a blinder.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
And Mendy of course has already won a cup final in a penalty shootout earlier this month for Senegal against Egypt.

All In all a bizarre decision

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I feel there is very little evidence that Roman Abramovich is some kind of pro-Putin Russian ultra-nationalist. During Covid, Abramovich opened up his hotels to house NHS staff while Liverpool put people on furlough. Once again not buying into the Good vs Evil bollocks.

I love to see Thomas Tuchel cry however so for that (and only that) reason I hope Liverpool win... not sure I'll watch the game though, it might collide with whatever I'll be doing instead.

He was the Governor of Chukotka from 2000 to 2008 and a member of the Duma. He was close to Boris Yeltsin and recommended Putin as his presidential successor. He also advised Putin on the members of his first cabinet in 1999. He is on the US sanctions list and he is on the Navalny 35 list of dodgy Russians.
Apart from all that he is as clean as a whistle.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He was the Governor of Chukotka from 2000 to 2008 and a member of the Duma. He was close to Boris Yeltsin and recommended Putin as his presidential successor. He also advised Putin on the members of his first cabinet in 1999. He is on the US sanctions list and he is on the Navalny 35 list of dodgy Russians.
Apart from all that he is as clean as a whistle.

I'm sure there is a "book on the internet" that will clear this all up.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I really think Atwell, and indeed all refs should just book keepers the first time they do the mind games, and that will stop it pretty quickly.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Would've been interesting if he'd booked him and Kepa carried on doing it and been sent off. Doubt it's ever happened in a penalty shoot-out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here