Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff v West Ham

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINAL FIRST LEG
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium Date: Thursday, 3 May Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website BBC Sport - Cardiff v West Ham

I tip West Ham to win overall, Unlike Liverpool, West Ham will be just too strong for Cardiff to cope with. Par 0-0 on the night, 2-0 to West Ham overall.

So no Broadway hit tune from the distant past next year.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
0-1 West Ham first leg...

West Ham outclassed them in the game there recently on BBC

any pointless tactics you can give us perseus?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Heart Cardiff, head West Sham

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is it not on TV?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Live Football League | Championship Play-Off Semi-Final First Leg | Radio Times

Pointless tactics: both teams play 4-4-2 which will cancel each other out. The interesting thing would be whether West Ham can do better than Liverpool? West Ham outplayed Cardiff in Wales in the League match and lost on the opening game of the season when Cardiff bored everybody and the West Ham attack was very narrow, and then Kenny Miller scored from a difficult chance acrobatically right at the end,

For Cardiff Whittingham is all over the pitch and he played well for Cardiff against West Ham, even when his team got beaten out of sight. And Mason for Cardiff looks innocuous but scores important goals and quite a lot of them. Big Sam won't take any chances though. I think he will play exactly like he did at the Amex. 0-0 is almost a banker draw and maybe worth a bet (for gamblers).

Statistically Liverpool and West Ham are very much alike, they create lots of chances but both teams (playing totally different styles) have low conversion rates. And against defensive sides like Cardiff the conversion rates are likely to be even lower.

The Albion could not cope with the w accuracy of the West Ham long crossing from deep. Cardiff could not cope at home either.

So West Ham are going up. Will they do better than Liverpool next season? Three southern clubs to get promoted and two Lancashire clubs and a Wolves relegated.

West Ham got 20 more points than the Albion. We need more than Vicente! He might be only good enough for 12-15 points. Gaui Assulin is a must signing as well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Got a hunch for Cardiff. I can see them winning at Upton Park.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Live Football League | Championship Play-Off Semi-Final First Leg | Radio Times

Pointless tactics: both teams play 4-4-2 which will cancel each other out. The interesting thing would be whether West Ham can do better than Liverpool? West Ham outplayed Cardiff in Wales in the League match and lost on the opening game of the season when Cardiff bored everybody and the West Ham attack was very narrow, and then Kenny Miller scored from a difficult chance acrobatically right at the end,

For Cardiff Whittingham is all over the pitch and he played well for Cardiff against West Ham, even when his team got beaten out of sight. And Mason for Cardiff looks innocuous but scores important goals and quite a lot of them. Big Sam won't take any chances though. I think he will play exactly like he did at the Amex. 0-0 is almost a banker draw and maybe worth a bet (for gamblers).

Statistically Liverpool and West Ham are very much alike, they create lots of chances but both teams (playing totally different styles) have low conversion rates. And against defensive sides like Cardiff the conversion rates are likely to be even lower.

The Albion could not cope with the w accuracy of the West Ham long crossing from deep. Cardiff could not cope at home either.

So West Ham are going up. Will they do better than Liverpool next season? Three southern clubs to get promoted and two Lancashire clubs and a Wolves relegated.

West Ham got 20 more points than the Albion. We need more than Vicente! He might be only good enough for 12-15 points. Gaui Assulin is a must signing as well.
Odd, as always.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've had a bet on Cardiff City to win 2-1 (9/1) and Kenny Miller first goal (13/2) tonight with a couple of quid scorecast on both happening (50/1). It's going to be a tight match but West Ham are under more pressure to get promotion.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Got Vez Te west ham to win 2-1 35/1

and a little accum

Oxford City v Cambridge C
|Oxford City| @ 21/20
AFC Totton v Chesham
|AFC Totton| @ 11/10
Luton v Wrexham
Wrexham @ 15/8
Cardiff v West Ham
West Ham @ 11/8
Celtic v St. Johnstone
Celtic @ 2/7

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Key player:

Peter Whittingham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If Cardiff do not get promoted, will he move on after six seasons for Cardiff? The 4-4-2 vote for him as the best player outside the premiership was deserved and he would have got my vote. I prefer Vicente though. If West Ham win promotion he could go there for £5+ million. He is worth 11 goals a year from midfield, excluding penalties. He does too much for Cardiff, taking corners etc.

Forecast: 0-0

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mate from work is going tonight who is a West Ham STH and all fans have to collect their tickets from a certain Motorway Services for the game in person - kind of f***ed if you wanted to go by train.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
West Ham HT, Draw full time at 14-1 is very tempting.
Either way I can't see there being many goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here