Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
0-0 me thinks!

waleseagull

Feb 26, 2009
Cwmbran, Wales
Talking to a Cardiff City season ticket holder today, apparently Bristol City were very poor on Sunday. He says they are expecting a very tough game against us and would be happy with a draw, gone for 2-1 to the good guys but would be happy with a draw.
Will be there anyway, only 20 mins

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
I Think we will struggle then slowly turn it around only to concede a late goal in added on time. Its gonna be close but if we play deep like we do i don't think we will get as lucky as portsmouth.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Think it will be a close game and CMS will nick it for us in the dying moments after chasing down their keeper and forcing him into a mistake.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This game may well be the toughest test we've faced in a long long time, and also show how far we've come since Gus took over the reigns.. I won't be too upset with a narrow defeat, A draw would be more than ok, A win will see a lot of our fans going overboard about us walking this league...

1-1 for me.

I am going for the favourite 1-1 draw. Optimistic. I've seen enough of Cardiff to think we may need four in midfield. I saw Swansea win 1-0 at Cardiff last season. I thought the two central defenders of Cardiff were excellent against West Ham. The best pair I have seen so far this season. Miller and Earnshaw don't need as much room as our defenders gave Billy Sharp when he skied a chance that he would be expected to test Casper. I see us playing deep at times, and other times pressing Cardiff. This might give the illusion that Cardiff are on top when Albion are playing deep. Especially if we play both Bridcutt and Navarro from the start.

Will Gedette start? He might keep Painter occupied.

Ankergren
Calderón Dunk Greer Painter
Navarro Bridcutt
Dicker Sparrow
Mackail-Smith Barnes

Brezovan
Noone
Vincelot (may start instead of Sparrow)
Bergkamp ?
Jamie Smith ?

I am putting down as Buckley, Hoskins, Lua lua, El-Abd, Elphink as all injured and all five would be in the starting squad. So we have five players out. It looks like we need two more players.

Last edited:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
anyone fancy brighton and cardiff in the play off final? brighton will win, naturally, as cardiff never win the play offs :)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well I think we'll get something out the game. I've gone 1-1, but I feel that a win isn't beyond us if either Hoskins or Lua Lua recover from their knocks. Don't forget folks: Football really is a funny old game. :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It is a big test for Gus. Five players out. And ghastly memories of the debacle at Stoke.

I think we have a a chance though. their foward are not that dangerous in the air, but I would worry about their defenders coming forward.

Up to you Gus!

bluebirds

Aug 17, 2011
I will go with 2-0 to city,

But the way you guys and Southampton have started anything can happen.
I just hope no one underestimates you guys or we could get well beaten.

What are your hopes for the season?
I think most Cardiff fans are hoping for top six in our hearts but heads say we have a lot of new players so consolidation will do us fine.
But in Malky we trust and the squad has to be the fittest bunch i have ever witnessed at Cardiff. they just dont stop running for 90 mins.

Anyways GOOD LUCK, for the season (just not tonight and when we play you at your place) :cheers:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I will go with 2-0 to city,

But the way you guys and Southampton have started anything can happen.
I just hope no one underestimates you guys or we could get well beaten.

What are your hopes for the season?
I think most Cardiff fans are hoping for top six in our hearts but heads say we have a lot of new players so consolidation will do us fine.
But in Malky we trust and the squad has to be the fittest bunch i have ever witnessed at Cardiff. they just dont stop running for 90 mins.

Anyways GOOD LUCK, for the season (just not tonight and when we play you at your place) :cheers:

I think most people will take mid-table, possibly with an outside chance of a play-off place. I don't think we believe that relegation will be much of a concern for us this year, but time will tell. In my mind I have Cardiff down as one of the stronger teams in the div, but I'm not quite sure what I'm basing that on - tonight will be hard for us though, I feel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here