Navarro Bridcutt
Dicker Sparrow
Mackail-Smith Barnes

Brezovan
Noone
Vincelot (may start instead of Sparrow)
Bergkamp ?
Jamie Smith ?

I am putting down as Buckley, Hoskins, Lua lua, El-Abd, Elphink as all injured and all five would be in the starting squad. So we have five players out. It looks like we need two more players.

Defo think Lua Lua is on bench and maybe Hoskins too. Also think Gus may go for it - so put Noone on to start in place of Nav's. Also think Vincelot will get the nod over Sparrow

bluebirds

Aug 17, 2011
I think most people will take mid-table, possibly with an outside chance of a play-off place. I don't think we believe that relegation will be much of a concern for us this year, but time will tell. In my mind I have Cardiff down as one of the stronger teams in the div, but I'm not quite sure what I'm basing that on - tonight will be hard for us though, I feel.

Well im just basing at on what i think of the current Cardiff squad. However, the manager does say he wants 4 or 5 new players before the window shuts, and i think Craig Bellamy will be one of those players to be honest, then i think top 6 or even pushing the top two, suppose it depends on who these players turn out to be.

We have a fantastic starting 11 at the moment with a strong workrate, but we dont have enough quality on the bench so if injuries kick in we are going to suffer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well im just basing at on what i think of the current Cardiff squad. However, the manager does say he wants 4 or 5 new players before the window shuts, and i think Craig Bellamy will be one of those players to be honest, then i think top 6 or even pushing the top two, suppose it depends on who these players turn out to be.

We have a fantastic starting 11 at the moment with a strong workrate, but we dont have enough quality on the bench so if injuries kick in we are going to suffer.
It sounds to me like we've been a bit unlucky having to play both you and Doncaster early in the season as both of those teams have a threadbare squad once you look beyond the starting XI. However, at the beginning of the season, it is your starting XI we must play unfortunately.

I've gone for a draw in this one but I recognise that might be a bit optimistic.

bluebirds

Aug 17, 2011
It sounds to me like we've been a bit unlucky having to play both you and Doncaster early in the season as both of those teams have a threadbare squad once you look beyond the starting XI. However, at the beginning of the season, it is your starting XI we must play unfortunately.

I've gone for a draw in this one but I recognise that might be a bit optimistic.

I dont think its optimistic to hope to draw or beat us, dont forget we are on level points so far, and how consistant either team are going to be is a bit early to predict. Based on last season we would beat the team at the top of the league and then go and lose to bottom on the next game. hopefully Malky wont allow the squad to underestimate teams this year. as im sure Gus Poyet wont either.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I dont think its optimistic to hope to draw or beat us, dont forget we are on level points so far, and how consistant either team are going to be is a bit early to predict. Based on last season we would beat the team at the top of the league and then go and lose to bottom on the next game. hopefully Malky wont allow the squad to underestimate teams this year. as im sure Gus Poyet wont either.

I wasn't sure with all the changes whether you would be up there this season but was impressed watching the West Ham game on tv and sounds like you stuffed Bristol City. I would be delighted with a draw but that is the beauty of football that you never know what will happen. Guaranteed Miller will score as he always gets a goal against us.

bluebirds

Aug 17, 2011
It was very promising after beating bristol, we battered them. Even though they were very poor. i think if Maynard goes they will defo go down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was very promising after beating bristol, we battered them. Even though they were very poor. i think if Maynard goes they will defo go down.
There are lots of ordinary sides in this division: Watford, Peterborough, Bristol City, Coventry and a decimated Doncaster all look in for a season of struggle.

It's a shame as I was really hoping Palace and Portsmouth would both struggle. :(

bluebirds

Aug 17, 2011
Brighton Thoughts

I thought you guys out passed us, out paced us, and generally out played us,

The best team performance i have seen so far.
how much can we take CMS for, that guy is everything we were lacking.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Cheers.. We really are a good side and others are realising this too.. Our passing game is brilliant when it works and teams allow us to dictate, which is why we will do better against better sides and struggle a bit when we are closed down, e.g Donny (1st half).

It must be so frustrating to away fans to watch?

NO YOU CAN'T HAVE OUR CRAIG, SORRY!

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Not at all optimistic about this one - would defintely take a point now. However, I've stuck to my usual "good omen" 3-1 win .... I'll blow a goat if it happen though.

Look forward to the pic of you blowing aforesaid goat soon!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here