Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff move in for Noone

Bexhillian

Jan 18, 2011
This is a poor offer considering where we were when he signed & where we are now. However if they came back in with say
750K i think the club might be tempted to accept. If prem football is a short term ambition, i don't think Noone is quite good enough.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Accept it.

WE'VE GOT VICENTE! :moo:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Are we missing the point?
Noone is part of our plans and we,re an ambitious club,so why sell now it would be bloody stupid.We are expanding our ground to 31k and an amazing training complex is on the way.

It should be a straight hands off to any championship club unless noone wants to go,but selling to cardiff would be beyond belief and would show we have no ambition.

And that's one of the the dangers with the January transfer window. Because of the intensity of it and the fact that the outcome can mean the difference between promotion or relegation for some clubs, bids (however derisory) can destabalise players so whereas they may not have even been thinking of going anywhere suddenly they get a sniff of bigger bucks and their performance can suffer.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Brighton are reluctant to lose Noone with Gus Poyet keen to keep the winger at the Amex Stadium, but Cardiff are determined to land the player before the close of the transfer window.

Sky sports website claim.

They better offer us some proper cash if he is their top target in the jan window.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Out of interest did you see Noone at Coventry before he got injured?.I just wonder where we could find a player who terrorises defenders like that for 750k?

Absolutely awesome up at Coventry ..... Consistently beating 2 players all the time.... What a real pity when he pulled up with the hamstring injury
Look, how much did Walcott or oxade-chamberlain go for? I'd put noone in around those figures.(anyway, regardless of what he's worth, we don't wanna sell.....period! )

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The message seems to have seeped out onto their message boards that we don't think he has a final ball? On the one hand, :D because it could put them off, on the other hand, LOL, really? Noone is quality, top class player and 400k is laughable, they just trying to turn his head with a bid like that? 800k would be cheap, imo. Around 1.2m perhaps about right, but even then, we don't have to sell and I'd be rather upset if we did.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Poyet loves Nooney, no chance unless they go above 7 figures

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
A joke bid from a joke club, Noone is worth a lot more than that he has proved he is more than capable at this level,

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We offered 500k for Buckley and the Watford fans laughed at us. We upped the offer and got him... I fear we may lose CN in similar circumstances...
Then that is a serious lack of ambition,we have to many average players who need to be sold or released or loaned out,noone is a key player and must be kept,the club need to get a grip and say he's not going anywhere end of.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Cardiff can piss off unless there offering close to £1.5 million.

£400k is an insult if that is true.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Cardiff are quite a few years ahead of us in terms of a fight to achieve promotion so it would be naive to think Noone wouldn't be interested. I think he'll have lot of loyalty to Poyet though.

750 - 1m sounds about right.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Absolutely awesome up at Coventry ..... Consistently beating 2 players all the time.... What a real pity when he pulled up with the hamstring injury
Look, how much did Walcott or oxade-chamberlain go for? I'd put noone in around those figures.(anyway, regardless of what he's worth, we don't wanna sell.....period! )

:facepalm:Really? As I say I really like Noone but IMO he isn't as good as LuaLua or Buckley. Yes, the defensive side of his game is maybe slightly better than LuaLua but a wingers primary function is to consistently deliver good balls into the box or cut inside and have a crack (accurately) which LuaLua is much better at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here