Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff move in for Noone

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I would bite their hands off for £1m, yes he's great at beating his man but then what does he do afterwards?... Usually lose the ball or have a cross that doesn't beat the first man... If, and it's a BIG if, LuaLua and Buckley stay fit he'd be no more than a bench player anyway.

this

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What if he WANTS to go? Nobody seems to have factored that into their shrieks of derision.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I also find it funny that some people on this thread are shocked at the idea that we might sell a player because we have the Amex. All clubs are selling clubs if the right deal comes along, look at Man U and Ronaldo. If Cardiff (I doubt they will) or someone else offers our valuation of Noone, he will go whether that is now or in the summer. Hopefully it won't happen now but I would say we at least have very good alternatives available unlike say if an offer came in for Bridcutt.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Really ???? He did bloody well against Liverpool.

Yes he did, as he has done very well in some games for us. That doesn't mean he's found anywhere near the consistency and end product to hike his valuation up to near the million mark though does it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Its alright saying we have Lua Lua and Buckley so its ok to let him go but thats complete bollocks ,Noone offers something different to them,Reading was a classic example of this,on another day it will work the other way round.Noone has showed he can easily step up the leagues and they way he plays will frighten any defence.I really hope Gus values him highly and just tells them to f*** off but i have a funny feeling we will be willing to let him go.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I also find it funny that some people on this thread are shocked at the idea that we might sell a player because we have the Amex. All clubs are selling clubs if the right deal comes along, look at Man U and Ronaldo. If Cardiff (I doubt they will) or someone else offers our valuation of Noone, he will go whether that is now or in the summer. Hopefully it won't happen now but I would say we at least have very good alternatives available unlike say if an offer came in for Bridcutt.

Cardiff wouldn't have the money to make a silly (Ronaldo, but scaled down, obviously) offer.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Sideways move, and Brighton have the upwards momentum as a Club in general.

And Noone is better than that.

Not sure I agree it would be a sideways move. Cardiff have far more chance of being promoted this season than we do. If Noone is in a hurry for the possibility of Premiership football he may see it as a good move.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What if he WANTS to go? Nobody seems to have factored that into their shrieks of derision.

Exactly. People on here spout all this crap about our players being worth millions but it doesn't work like that.
A players value is actually far more reflective of a culmination of off the field factors- contract length, player happiness, current financial climate.

And you're right. Maybe Nooney is worried about KLL and Buckley and wants to leave...

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Yes he did, as he has done very well in some games for us. That doesn't mean he's found anywhere near the consistency and end product to hike his valuation up to near the million mark though does it.

Wingers are never consistent i.e. 8 to 10 out 10 EVERY game, but what we've seen, Noone has been a star this season in a majority of games.
Dazzling dribbling not seen often these days, with pace, and other teams are having to put 2 players on him. If we had the offensive personnel elsewhere, that would create gaps elsewhere.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Exactly. People on here spout all this crap about our players being worth millions but it doesn't work like that.
A players value is actually far more reflective of a culmination of off the field factors- contract length, player happiness, current financial climate.

And you're right. Maybe Nooney is worried about KLL and Buckley and wants to leave...
and maybe he isent....theres no signs that he is..so i would rest on the side of he likes it here

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

May be he is extremely happy with the Albion, Amex, Gus, his career progression, adoration from fans, and Brighton/Sussex.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I would bite their hands off for £1m, yes he's great at beating his man but then what does he do afterwards?... Usually lose the ball or have a cross that doesn't beat the first man... If, and it's a BIG if, LuaLua and Buckley stay fit he'd be no more than a bench player anyway.

not this

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Wingers are never consistent i.e. 8 to 10 out 10 EVERY game, but what we've seen, Noone has been a star this season in a majority of games.
Dazzling dribbling not seen often these days, with pace, and other teams are having to put 2 players on him. If we had the offensive personnel elsewhere, that would create gaps elsewhere.

Spot on,some of the comments on here regarding Noone are a joke.Most exciting player we have had for years.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

I agree he's been one of the ouststanding players this season in terms of getting past players, tying up defenders and getting the crowd on their feet. But as others have said, there are a lot of tricky wingers around this level like that now, and many like Noone don't have the number of assists to give them a 1 - 1.5 mil price tag.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and maybe he isent....theres no signs that he is..so i would rest on the side of he likes it here

Have to say I was not expecting Bennett to slap in a transfer request but if the buying club will double or treble your wages it's clear that however much we love them and however happy they are that the temptation will be too great..unless you are Matt Le Tissier. When Norwich 1st came in for Bennnet we were well clear at the top and thare was no guarantee that Norwich would get promoted, Elliott wanted out for the money. If Cardiff want to pay Nooney loads who knows? I'm not saying he wants out or that Cardiff will pay loads just that dismissing it out of hand as an insult is somewhat naive given recent history.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I would be offended if i was Noone!

They only average 2,000 more than us, which we would beat if we get our extension. Can't see us selling him to a rival club, can see us selling to a Fulham or a Sunderland though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sideways move, and Brighton have the upwards momentum as a Club in general.

And Noone is better than that.

Yep, sideways move to a club we beat soundly earlier this season. Who knows where Cardiff and BHA will be at the end of the season league position-wise and I know some people will scream 'outrageous' at this, but our potential outstrips Cardiffs - and yes our catchment area is bigger than theirs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here