Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff move in for Noone

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
We paid 300k for him because Plymouth were desperate to sell. We, hopefully, are not. That's why 500k is insulting.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Sensible opening bid from Cardiff. There's no way they're going to open with anything near a million for a player who, if they are promoted, is likely to struggle in The Premiership. They want him to boost their promotion prospects so will probably value him at around 600k tops. We should still tell them to do one though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There are loads of English players like Noone. He's the classic new breed English winger- fast, tricky, great at beating his man but with no end product. You can get a player like that for half a million. But if he can develop into someone who delivers a decent final ball an can finish, then his price will rocket into the millions. We'd be mad to let him go for less than £1.5 mil in my opinion.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Noone has come on in leaps and bounds in the past year and even if his form in the past month or two has been a bit indifferent, surely he's still worth more now than he was this time last year. In the main, he's played very well at a higher level and caused countless problems for opposing teams.

Also, given Plymouth's financial predicament last year, could it also be that we got hold of a player for £300k that should have actually cost us much more had Plymouth not been in so much trouble?

Like you, I don't think Noone is worth a fortune, but £400k is a ridiculously low offer in my opinion.

I dont want us to sell him (especially to a team in our league), I agree £400k is a low bid, but is he really worth well over £1million, I personally dont think so.

I love how fans valuation of our players are massive, yet if we are targetting someone, their value goes right down. Rose tinted specs and all that. Some valuations on here place Craig Noone and Jordan Rhodes at a similar price :smile:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
why is it though? It's £200k more than we paid for him. He has been off form in recent weeks, and doesnt go round players nearly as easily as Buckley or LuaLua.

I am no means saying Noone is rubbish, but I dont understand how a year later after paying £300k for someone, fans are suddenly thinking we have £1million+ player

How much did we pay for LuaLua, as good if not better than Noone?

Take off your stupid head and put the one on with the brain in - We bought him when we were in league 1 - plymouth are in dire straits and had to sell - 300k was massive for them. He wasnt proven at champ level but proved he is more than capable of beating anyone on his day - hes young and will certainly improve to a level nobody knows yet.

IMO it cannot be a serious offer. i would say, based on thepoints i have made, that the players value would lie somewhere around 1.5M.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
750 k + we should let him go. Alright with his trickery but no final ball as yet, compared to LuaLua he is worse

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Can't believe some of the comments on here. Yes he is no Messi but come on, he's one of our most exciting players, 400k is f***ing ridiculous

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
He is still young and on a learning curve and will attract prem clubs in the summer if he continues to improve the rest of this season. He knows that and will not rush into a move now. Any way why go now when we may even be ahead of Cardiff at end of season unless they are throwing a big salary and he is money motivated

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We did only pay £300 000 for him but we were the only club prepared to pay hard cash upfront. That's why we got him relatively cheap so £400 000 is a piss take.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I dont want us to sell him (especially to a team in our league), I agree £400k is a low bid, but is he really worth well over £1million, I personally dont think so.

I love how fans valuation of our players are massive, yet if we are targetting someone, their value goes right down. Rose tinted specs and all that. Some valuations on here place Craig Noone and Jordan Rhodes at a similar price :smile:

You seem to forget that jordan rhodes has never played at a higher level than league 1. Theres a world of difference, as you should know, between league 1 -champ and champ to prem. When he starts scoring regularly against champ opposition then his value will go up. simple really. unproven players cannot be sold at ridiculous prices - total gambles that clubs dont take that often. Yes, hes obviously a fine player/goalscorer but does he have the pace/quality to trouble champ teams - nobody knows hence he would be a gamble.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
A joke of an offer.

£400k wouldn't buy his left boot. Sure, his final ball needs work but he has huge potential. When accolades come from players such as Steven Gerrard, you know you have a player on your hands.

We GAVE Elliott Bennett away. Noone is settled here and happy. Let's not make the same mistake twice.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Take off your stupid head and put the one on with the brain in - We bought him when we were in league 1 - plymouth are in dire straits and had to sell - 300k was massive for them. He wasnt proven at champ level but proved he is more than capable of beating anyone on his day - hes young and will certainly improve to a level nobody knows yet.

IMO it cannot be a serious offer. i would say, based on thepoints i have made, that the players value would lie somewhere around 1.5M.

As much as I agree that £400K is an insult and we should tell them to piss off, we do need to be realistic. We got Buckley for £1 million and from what we have seen of him, he is clearly a better player and a few years younger than Noone. This is taking nothing away from Nooney who has been great but I think an offer of £1 million would have to be carefully considered if it allowed us to strengthen in areas we needed to focus on more.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
They can f*** right off.

Couldn't have put it better! 400k is an absolute insult... I reckon he will deffo go on to play at a higher level once his final ball improves and I believe it will under our management team!

400k huh???

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
lets not forget that if an offer has been made, then no doubt agents have spoken with each other beforehand and sounded out Noone. If Cardiff are offering him a much better contract than he has here, then he will want to go, simple as. He may love it here, but he's not been here a year yet so he hardly has any loyalty issues to deal with. This will happen with a number of our better players and the only way the club will keep most of them is to offer improved contracts.

Having said that I hope he stays as one of my kids got a Noone shirt for Xmas!

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
£400,000 is laughable. We throw that away nearly every game bcause we're too lazy to sell more pies :jester:

He's been our best player this season, mabybe at £1.5 mill I would start to think about taking the money, and only then because we have KLL and Buckley in our squad.

THIS.

IF SOMEONE WERE TO BID 1.5 TO 2 MILLION THEN FAIR ENOUGH, THEY CAN HAVE HIM AND WE CAN GO AND BUY A DECENT CENTRE FORWARD TO PARTNER MACCA. Ooops CAPS

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Couldn't have put it better! 400k is an absolute insult... I reckon he will deffo go on to play at a higher level once his final ball improves and I believe it will under our management team!

400k huh???

Again I am not having a go at Nooney but he is 24. If you were talking about an 18 year old that might be more applicable but at 24 his final ball should be a lot better. Both Buckley and LuaLua are younger and have a better final ball in my opinion although Noone offers more in certain areas especially defensively. Again, I would be amazed if Cardiff were to offer enough for us to accept it but realistically is he ever going to be a Premier League player?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sensible opening bid from Cardiff. There's no way they're going to open with anything near a million for a player who, if they are promoted, is likely to struggle in The Premiership. They want him to boost their promotion prospects so will probably value him at around 600k tops. We should still tell them to do one though.

Really ???? He did bloody well against Liverpool.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think as a valuation 750K is probably about right - saying that I do not want to see him go. If we sold under 750K I would be very dissappointed, I think his assists stats are probably quite low but with a little bit of coaching he could easily become a 2M player.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
We don't need to sell, so we shouldn't. Noone is settled and loves it here, plays our way, and was a bargain. Why sell him, the replace him with a player who might not be as good who will take time to adapt in a more difficult league than last year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here