Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff after Harding

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
going back to Dan Harding, I think a few people on here are being incredibly harsh.

He came into the team last season and looked at home, keeping his place and including the play offs. He had an admittedly shocking start this season, giving away a couple of goals, a penalty and getting sent off, but I personally like to think he's got over that.

He played well at both Gillingham and Forest- at Forest he got in a couple of brilliant defensive headers when most of us thought the beanpole Taylor was odds on to score, and he made a superb last ditch tackle at the Pissfield to foil the pikeys only real goalscoring opportunity. His passing against Sheffield United was excellent, I lost count of the number of pinpoint balls he played down the touchline to our players.

Yes, occasionally you think "just boot it into touch" rather than nervously watching him try and play his way out of trouble, but he appears to be learning pretty fast from where I sit. Hopefully he's got over the confidence battle he had for the first few games, and it says a lot to me that McGhee put him straight back in when he returned from injury/suspension, despite his indifferent start. That's bound to give him a psychological boost.

If Cardiff offered loads, then I guess we'd have to take it, but I just can't understand how some of you on here can dish it out to a 20 year old lad because of 3 or 4 below par performances at the start of his second real season of professional football!

Give the boy a chance, he might just develop into something a bit special and then you'll all be kissing his England U21 backside!

Patcham BHA

Jul 27, 2004
Why is that these racist replies are permitted on the board?
If they were about an African/Asian team they would be deleted - double standards on the part of the board moderator and pathetic behaviour on the part of the posters.

As a Welsh Albion fan I find them offensive - cue a load of abusive replies telling me to shag sheep, piss off home etc etc.

larus

Good post Edna.

People have short memories, a la 'Fatso Butters'. He got horrendously slated on here, yet next season was voted Player Of The Year by the fans. Darren Currie first few games he was being ripped apart, now he's MM's best signing'.

Some fans only ever see the mistakes, and forget the good/solid work that players do.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Problem is people will only deal in extremes. So so and so is either shite or brilliant depending on there last performance.

I thought Harding was looking pretty good for the last few games.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed, hopefully he's over the jitters and will develop into a really decent player.

I find it quite refreshing, if occasionally nervewracking, to have a full back who's actually a really good ball-player (as opposed to a hoof-everything-into-touch type player).

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Voroshilov said:

I thought Harding was looking pretty good for the last few games.

He was playing well too.

He is the best left back we have had for a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here