Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff after Harding

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Don't be surprised if Harding spends the season saying how happy he is at the club etc; refuses to sign a new contract all season - re "a few details to sort" and then clears off at the end of the season with the fee to be set by a tribunal

Kris Commons did exactly this last season at Stoke

Stoke are now near the top ... Forest going down

The grass ain't always greener young Daniel - despite what your agent keeps telling you no doubt!!!

Icy Gull said:
Harding's distribution is a little wayward, his tackling is better than any fullback we have had for years. He has pace and he times his tackles brilliantly. Give me a full back who can defend rather than an attacking one who can't anyday, especially at this level. His distribution will improve.

Spot on. Harding has has an excellent couple of games and is running nicely into form.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
id take anything around 100k for him. he is useless, and very much overrated but cant see anyone putting a bid in for him, it would just be settled under a tribunal fee if he doesnt sign a new contract, and if he does sign, i think the interest will cool off.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
kinkygerbil said:
i dont think he as good as some people make out

ive never seen him put in a good performance and ive seen him play on quite a few occassions. he puts in the odd good tackle. not a lot more.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I cannot believe what some fans are saying.

Professionals like McGhee, Taylor, Moyes and Lawrence all rate him but the fans say he is useless and poor.

I wonder what fans really expect from players at times. :rolleyes:

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
ac gull said:
Don't be surprised if Harding spends the season saying how happy he is at the club etc; refuses to sign a new contract all season - re "a few details to sort" and then clears off at the end of the season with the fee to be set by a tribunal

Kris Commons did exactly this last season at Stoke

Stoke are now near the top ... Forest going down

The grass ain't always greener young Daniel - despite what your agent keeps telling you no doubt!!!

This won't happen - Dan Does love it here and has no intention of screwing the club over - my source is his Dad for all those who want to know where it comes from in order to believe

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Yorkie said:

Professionals like McGhee, Taylor, Moyes and Lawrence all rate him but the fans say he is useless and poor.

Pah! What do they know? Us folks on NSC are the authority on everything, from left backs to gadgets. If we say somethings no good, it's no good!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:

pros like taylor talbet and mcghee thought lee was good but he still got a slaughtering on here

people cant have it both ways

Morgans Mullet

Mar 9, 2004
We would get a minimum of £300k for training compensation if he went to a Premiership club and £200k if he went to another Championship club even if he was on a free at the end of the season.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Yorkie said:

When a 'professional' like Lawrence rates one of your players it's time to start worrying......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Laughing Bluebird said:
When a 'professional' like Lawrence rates one of your players it's time to start worrying......
Harsh. You're going through a bad spell but his track record doesn't exactly spell "incompetence" in the Alan Ball mould.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Lawrence has been on a downward spiral for years. His sackings at Luton and Grimsby didn't inspire confidence before he came here, but he did a reasonable job to start with. He got the side organised, which was something Cork couldn't manage, and we were unlucky not to get promoted.

The second season under Lawrence, when we got promoted via the play-offs, was very disappointing. The players became increasingly negative as the season wore on, and in the end they scraped promotion from a division they should have been able to stroll out of.

Last season was a weird one because the team started so brightly, but by Christmas things had gone pear-shaped, and the second half of the season was awful.

It was clear a bit of a shake-up was needed during the summer months, but Lawrence seemed unable to capture any of his main transfer targets. He was also unable to address the team's defensive frailties. We didn't win a single pre-season friendly, and our poor form has carried over into the season proper. We haven't scored a single goal in any of our last five home matches!

Hammam sacked half of the club's coaching staff a few weeks ago and brought in Terry Burton as chief coach, which seems to have improved things a little.

However, the general feeling amongst the fans (and a few of the players I'm reliably informed) is that Lawrence has taken the club about as far as he can, and he is now out of his depth. His tactics and team selections are so negative they often defy belief.

Hammam seems to want to keep him - they obviously get on well. Therefore, I suspect he'll be here for a good while yet. More's the pity though. I'm confident that the club will only stand still or go backwards while he remains in charge.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Laughing Bluebird said:
More's the pity though. I'm confident that the club will only stand still or go backwards while he remains in charge.
You should join us over here and support the ALBION. We're GOING PLACES. We've got portakabins and a crap club shop and no money and players you've never heard of and EVERYTHING.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here