Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff 1 - 3 ALBION - is this the biggest result of the Gus era?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Im going to wear my Albion shirt to tomorrow to work!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We are truly amazing at the moment but I think most bookies favoured us for promotion before the season started ahead of Cardiff. Only about 3 players remain for Cardiff from last season and theyve lost their best players. Still trying to remain grounded. Still think we have a good chance of play offs!!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
We've definatly proved a lot of our doubters wrong with this result.
Before the season started we didn't have enough championship experience, Our midfield was too lightweight, Our strikers would struggle.
Boy this result has proven a few people wrong! This team is still pretty much the same team as romped the league last season & so far we haven't looked out of place in the championship.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
It was with a large amount of trepidation that I turned the radio on at 19:30, but I needn't have worried. Gus and the boys didn't let us down, in fact quite the opposite. To take apart a team like Cardiff is nothing short of astonishing, given that some of our flair players were missing. I am so proud of the boys right now. nine points from nine, who'd have thunk it? Wonderful stuff.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just got in.....did we really tonk Cardiff 3-1 away? Fcuk me! I thought the start of the season was OK, but we were only scraping past relegation fodder - this puts a different complexion on things!

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
The scary thing is, maybe Ankergren, Greer, Bridcutt and CMS aside... we had 3 or 4 of our most influential players out for this game or on the bench! (Buckley, KLL, Hoskins, Noone etc).

Gus just played it perfectly, the starting 11 made complete sense, with Miller and Earnshaw up top there was definitely a distinct height advantage for us, playing narrow left space for them out wide and i'm guessing when they got it out wide they were reluctant to put the ball in there! Do they have Parkin? If so bit bizarre if he wasn't injured why he wasn't on the bench cos I recon that he could have caused us issues.

Early days etc... but to look so threatening going forward with all that attacking talent missing really is such a positive.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
May be the best SO FAR. Who was it on here who said Leicester would walk this league?
Guilty as charged,I honestly thought they would be the ones to beat....however,you never know in football do you? Willing to be wrong again if Albion keep winning!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
In a pub in central Cardiff. We were far from our best but still outclassed them. Have had several of their fans come up to me and say how good we were (and several others try to start on me and call me an english ****)

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
How many games had they gone unbeaten at home before tonight? Quite a few i think, makes it even more impressive

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
just got in; better than anything last season and to think we were missing Buckley, Lua Lua, didn't bother with Nooney. CMS is awesome.
Fans were loud all night, i hope it came across on the radio commentary and to think i was born in Cardiff

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Another one just back from the match, yes we were f***ing brilliant! The passing and movement was just so crisp it was as if we had been playing together all season...Vincelot played as one of our wider midfield players, and CMS ran his socks of as usual and really was MoM tonight. Barnes was clinical, Hoskins looked a bit sluggish UNTIL his burst through on goal and excellent finish. The crowd was fantastic and YES to the poster above who asked, it probably was 1200-1500 Brighton fans there. Lots of the new songs were catching on, and the players seemed genuinely THRILLED when they came over to applaud us at the end of the game...best thing is took my girlfriend to this as her first ever football game and she is now hooked!!!

I LOVE THE ALBION!

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Amazing performance tonight. It's sometimes difficult to believe what your watching. Cardiff didn't even come second tonight. Can't wait for Saturday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here