Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Wimbledon at Selhurst Park.

I suspect it will be way short of 20k, nearer 12-15k

I briefly recall one game v Wimbledon at Selhurst. It was nice and sunny, someone shouted out “ang the baaastard!!” during the minutes silence for the two Soham girls and there was only about 2,000 Brighton fans in a ‘crowd’ of about 2,600.

I stand to be corrected on the last point

Did we have about 7000 at Watford in the FA Cup in 1984?
Watford in 1984 FA Cup must be one of the closest to fitting both criteria. Peterborough in 1986 too. MK Dons was in total crowd of 21K+.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Unsurprisingly slow rate of ticket sales now to people with Purchase History only. Might just get the last 700 (of 6,300) sold if the club do a job of marketing them. Going to be c.6K Albion whatever.

Will be a very unusual situation to have so many of our away fans in a relatively small crowd. What is the list of matches in our history when we have had 6K+ Albion away fans in a sub-20K crowd...?? Must have happened but i can't think of one. Maybe Aldershot in the 70s but did we have 6K there..??
Peterborough in the FA Cup in 1986. Maybe 7 to 9000 (?) Albion in a 15000 crowd. Snow on the pitch, overcrowded terracing, orange ball, minor pitch invasions after goals, only 2 exits from the away end (!). Pre Hillsborough but all the ingredients for a similar outcome. Actually a brilliant day as we survived it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Peterborough in the FA Cup in 1986. Maybe 7 to 9000 (?) Albion in a 15000 crowd. Snow on the pitch, overcrowded terracing, orange ball, minor pitch invasions after goals, only 2 exits from the away end (!). Pre Hillsborough but all the ingredients for a similar outcome. Actually a brilliant day as we survived it.
Yes, I was there. That was a great invasion and right up there in the best ever Albion awaydays. Definitely sub-20K total crowd and at least around 6K Albion - so best bet yet. Anyone know? I thought it might have been all ticket - if so they sold more than they should have done - and only remember us having the one stand behind the goal?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Yes, I was there. That was a great invasion and right up there in the best ever Albion awaydays. Definitely sub-20K total crowd and at least around 6K Albion - so best bet yet. Anyone know? I thought it might have been all ticket - if so they sold more than they should have done - and only remember us having the one stand behind the goal?
My red scarf that we all got given that day, was briefly hanging on the wall of a bar called Quo Vardis in Arinsal, Andorra in 1994. It was stolen and I was reliably informed it ended up on display in the student union at Dundee University.

(A fascinating story, I’m sure you’re riveted)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Unsurprisingly slow rate of ticket sales now to people with Purchase History only. Might just get the last 700 (of 6,300) sold if the club do a job of marketing them. Going to be c.6K Albion whatever.

Will be a very unusual situation to have so many of our away fans in a relatively small crowd. What is the list of matches in our history when we have had 6K+ Albion away fans in a sub-20K crowd...?? Must have happened but i can't think of one. Maybe Aldershot in the 70s but did we have 6K there..??
One easter game I went to i would have thought there were 6-7k out of the 10k crowd but don't think anyone one measured the numbers then did they , and given teh crowds were mixed, a few noisy Brighton fans in a group might give the wrong impression.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I remember going to Craven Cottage in the early 90s when we won 1-0 with a goal from Nogan, and we outnumbered the home fans.

Checked online and it was Nov 1993 and the crowd was just 4383 in Div3.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Pretty sure it wasn't all ticket - it was absolutely heaving in the away that day - no idea how many Albion fans there were there but I think we only had the end behind the goal.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Rare bit of commonsense from the club opening up the last Block K of the current allocation while a few at the back of Block L are still unsold...

At some point today we'll go over 6K sold. With two weeks to go we can see how far we get towards selling out the away end + the whole of Upper West (which would be near 7K total). Don't know when will be last day they're happy selling tickets.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Fulham away in the cup must have been at least 50 50, ended 0-0 , I think that away terrace was full and some locked out as it wasn't all ticket.
Also orient in the cup.
2 cracking days out if you forget the football.

Yep and that Peterborough cup game in 1986 is up there with the best ever away days. The FA cup really used to be great.

Last edited:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
No need for segregation. You’re the only fans in the upper tier.
I know. Think you'll find the last block of upper tier seats will be segregation from your covered end. Never shown as available to us. Possibly similarly the 2 blocks at South end of Curbishley stand for yourselves. We'll see.

Uboat

Nov 11, 2022
I know. Think you'll find the last block of upper tier seats will be segregation from your covered end. Never shown as available to us. Possibly similarly the 2 blocks at South end of Curbishley stand for yourselves. We'll see.
Maybe, but seems unnecessary as the North West quadrant isn’t for sale and you can’t get from one to the other anyway. They’re not at the same level. I have no idea what’s going on with those blocks in the East Stand, but it might be because they’re not expecting many home fans, so they might as well occupy fewer blocks and be closer together. It can’t be for segregation or they’d always be closed. Irrelevant anyway, because there have been so few sales in that stand.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Watching Charlton against Stockport, well below both not so long ago. Will Collar looking decent, wonder if we have a sell on

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Just under 400 left, unless more blocks are to open... Just bought myself a couple, going to be a very chilly night!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here