Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Away tickets never have been šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I know but it seems strange that they aren't , its just tickets they are done like that for home games and for home games at charlton . Just seems that they have not caught up, must be cheaper to do print at home.

Uboat

Nov 11, 2022

Big push from Charlton fans to attend so could see a decent crowd

Rumours of an ownership demo and potentially a new buyer in attendance

Itā€™s a really good fanzine, but I donā€™t know what the reach is. I very much doubt that the Covered End will be bouncing. Itā€™s hard for me to convey to you just how much apathy there is now. Itā€™s very sad. There isnā€™t the kind of energy to protest that there was in the Duchatelet era. If you were there for the other Brighton protest game, donā€™t expect a repeat.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really don't understand why these aren't print at home tickets.....
I tend to agree. If Brighton can load the seating arrangement into their own system surely they can then create an e-mail ticket for the corresponding seat?

Is there some archaic rule, or reason Iā€™m missing, which prohibits this?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Inspired change to starting line up from the Portuguese manager. Who did this young kid replace again ???

Oops, sorry. Wrong thread.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I know but it seems strange that they aren't , its just tickets they are done like that for home games and for home games at charlton . Just seems that they have not caught up, must be cheaper to do print at home.
"cheaper to do print at home" hmm.... for the club maybe but not for us!
Anyway, being the old dinosaur that i am i much prefer to have an actual printed card ticket than a floppy bit of paper. Oh, and another thing that always intrigues me is why we have to pay an extra pound for every ticket even if several are being posted to the same address in the same envelope! Perhaps that is just me.
On a much more positive note, earlier in the thread i stated that i thought our demand for tickets would be about 5000 if we could get the increased allocation but we are already well in excess of that currently about 5500 with 350 left in the block that is open at the moment and one more block of about 500 to go.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
"cheaper to do print at home" hmm.... for the club maybe but not for us!
Anyway, being the old dinosaur that i am i much prefer to have an actual printed card ticket than a floppy bit of paper. Oh, and another thing that always intrigues me is why we have to pay an extra pound for every ticket even if several are being posted to the same address in the same envelope! Perhaps that is just me.
On a much more positive note, earlier in the thread i stated that i thought our demand for tickets would be about 5000 if we could get the increased allocation but we are already well in excess of that currently about 5500 with 350 left in the block that is open at the moment and one more block of about 500 to go.
Yep cheaper for the club and hopefully cheaper for us...... You could print at home on card ...

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I tend to agree. If Brighton can load the seating arrangement into their own system surely they can then create an e-mail ticket for the corresponding seat?

Is there some archaic rule, or reason Iā€™m missing, which prohibits this?
Maybe we're not trusted to write the correct owner's name on the ticket

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
300 odd left going into purchase history, will that be it?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just received an email confirming I will need to pick up my adult ticket from the valley on the day (due to processing issues apparently) but my 8 year old sons is being posted to us, hmmm

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Unsurprisingly slow rate of ticket sales now to people with Purchase History only. Might just get the last 700 (of 6,300) sold if the club do a job of marketing them. Going to be c.6K Albion whatever.

Will be a very unusual situation to have so many of our away fans in a relatively small crowd. What is the list of matches in our history when we have had 6K+ Albion away fans in a sub-20K crowd...?? Must have happened but i can't think of one. Maybe Aldershot in the 70s but did we have 6K there..??

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Unsurprisingly slow rate of ticket sales now to people with Purchase History only. Might just get the last 700 (of 6,300) sold if the club do a job of marketing them. Going to be c.6K Albion whatever.

Will be a very unusual situation to have so many of our away fans in a relatively small crowd. What is the list of matches in our history when we have had 6K+ Albion away fans in a sub-20K crowd...?? Must have happened but i can't think of one. Maybe Aldershot in the 70s but did we have 6K there..??
MK Dons?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing

Not quite 6k but Wimbledon away when they were playing at Selhurst Park and on the brink, with their fans boycotting. That was quite a surreal atmosphere

SAC

May 21, 2014

Wimbledon at Selhurst Park.

I suspect it will be way short of 20k, nearer 12-15k

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Wimbledon at Selhurst Park.

I suspect it will be way short of 20k, nearer 12-15k
I briefly recall one game v Wimbledon at Selhurst. It was nice and sunny, someone shouted out ā€œang the baaastard!!ā€ during the minutes silence for the two Soham girls and there was only about 2,000 Brighton fans in a ā€˜crowdā€™ of about 2,600.

I stand to be corrected on the last point

Did we have about 7000 at Watford in the FA Cup in 1984?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

7k to MK (although I think the crowd was just over 20,000...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here