Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Captain 'Get back on your ship'

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Heard the audio today and its pretty intense to listen to. Coast Guard was ripping into him as he fully deserved

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The captain seems to have been completely hung out to dry by both his employers and the coastguard. Whatever happened to waiting for a proper enquiry? ???

Fair point and as a rule i would think many would normally agree with you,however this does seem to fit the saying 'Actions speak louder than words' ?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Cowardliness comes to mind really.

...and in the meantime British girl Rose Metcalf, 22, working on the ship as a dancer was one of the last off the ship as she stayed behind to do her allocated roll call and get as many passengers as she could safelt off the ship.

article-2086826-0F764ACB00000578-955_306x423.jpg

I guess the Italian captain was two busy working out if there was another side he could switch to...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Amazing to think the damage 1 man has cost them.They are even on about fuel leaking out of the thing now.Shares have plummeted,Multi-million pound liner f***ed,millions in compensation,all pre booked future cruises on this ship cancelled..........it goes on and on because he wanted a little joy ride.

I know someone who left a top executive job at the best hotel company here in Dubai to go and work for Costa Cruises in Italy, building up their brand and profile. Monday was his first day in the job. A job that suddenly got a whole lot harder.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
f***ing typical italians, coward, just like during the war, their tanks had the fastest reverse gear.Surely a captain should be the LAST OFF

Their tanks had 6 reverse gears and 1 forward gear in case they got attacked from behind.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
It's pretty shocking watching on the news. I'm not surprised though - my mum always says - Italians are shifty - in the war it was a case of "last in, first out"!!!! Nothing changes obviously!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lots of people writing off an entire nation of 60m based on the actions of one cowardly tosser. Seems harsh to me, and about as reasonable as it would be to assume that we are a nation of feral hooligans who can't cope with alcohol, which is also bollocks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lots of people writing off an entire nation of 60m based on the actions of one cowardly tosser. Seems harsh to me, and about as reasonable as it would be to assume that we are a nation of feral hooligans who can't cope with alcohol, which is also bollocks.

It sounds racist to me. The captain will be investigated and if the enquiry shows that he acted in a cowardly manner. then he will be tried for manslaughter.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Fair point and as a rule i would think many would normally agree with you,however this does seem to fit the saying 'Actions speak louder than words' ?

I don't know - while it sounds bad, very bad for him, it is very difficult to understand the context and I cannot begin to imagine the confusion that must have been going on in total darkness. I'll wait to see what really happened, but it sounds like a lot of things went wrong.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It sounds racist to me. The captain will be investigated and if the enquiry shows that he acted in a cowardly manner. then he will be tried for manslaughter.

RACISTS .......... Is there not a view even if offensive that anyone can offer without this being thrown around.

I have tapped into my prejudice and cartoon stereotype and somehow accepted that this is not totally surprising, after all he is Italian.

But then again where did the Coastguards high morals and professionalism come from, surely he is British.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
RACISTS .......... Is there not a view even if offensive that anyone can offer without this being thrown around.

I have tapped into my prejudice and cartoon stereotype and somehow accepted that this is not totally surprising, after all he is Italian.

But then again where did the Coastguards high morals and professionalism come from, surely he is British.

It was tongue in cheek!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
...and in the meantime British girl Rose Metcalf, 22, working on the ship as a dancer was one of the last off the ship as she stayed behind to do her allocated roll call and get as many passengers as she could safelt off the ship.

article-2086826-0F764ACB00000578-955_306x423.jpg

I guess the Italian captain was two busy working out if there was another side he could switch to...

I'm starting to worry about NSC. Is no one going to comment on the fact that you can virtually see the whole of her left breast?

Oh I have...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here